All requirements for Scout rank must be completed as a member of a troop. If you already completed these requirements as part of the Webelos Scouting Adventure, simply demonstrate your knowledge or skills to your Scoutmaster or other designated leader after joining the troop.
a. Repeat from memory the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout motto, and Scout slogan. In your own words, explain their meaning.
c. Demonstrate the Boy Scout sign, salute, and handshake. Explain when they should be used.
e. Repeat from memory the Outdoor Code. In your own words, explain what the Outdoor Code means to you.
f. Repeat from memory the Pledge of Allegiance. In your own words, explain its meaning.
a. Describe how the Scouts in the troop provide its leadership.
b. Describe the four steps of Boy Scout advancement.
c. Describe what the Boy Scout ranks are and how they are earned.
d. Describe what merit badges are and how they are earned.
3. a. Explain the patrol method. Describe the types of patrols that are used in your troop.
b. Become familiar with your patrol name, emblem, flag, and yell. Explain how these items create patrol spirit.
4. a. Show how to tie a square knot, two half-hitches, and a taut-line hitch. Explain how each knot is used.
b. Show the proper care of a rope by learning how to whip and fuse the ends of different kinds of rope.
5. Demonstrate your knowledge of pocketknife safety.
6. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet "How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parents Guide" and earn the Cyber Chip Award for your grade.
7. Since joining the troop and while working on the Scout rank, participate in a Scoutmaster conference.