The Broward County Council of PTAs/PTSAs (BCCPTA/PTSA) is a constituent association of National Parent Teacher Association (PTA®), the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation. As a county council, we train and assist local units.
Vision for Broward County Council of PTAs/PTSAs
BCCPTA/PTSA will continue to make health, education and welfare of the children the first priority on our agenda. Our membership and leadership will reflect the diversity of the county we represent. We will respond to the needs of our members with appropriate programs and services with a refined governance structure, fiscally sound practices and with strong, well-trained leadership. We will increase the number and commitment of our members with measurable results and accountability. Positive social change will occur through BCCPTA/PTSA involvement in child advocacy, parenting education and partnering of education.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.