At Mothers & More, we connect mothers through a network of both virtual and local communities throughout the United States. We know the evolution of mom changes daily. We are here to support you through all those changes. Mothers & More is committed to creating a place for moms to engage in a larger community of women who are experiencing the challenges that all mothers face, not only in raising children, but also in fulfilling their sense of self and self-worth. We are here to empower you, educate you, make connections for you and remind you that you are more than moms. As a bonus, you don’t have to leave us when your situation with work, kids, life, changes—we face it all!
Mother’s Day Campaign 2015
Let's Be Powerful Together
For many years, Mothers & More members and chapters have demonstrated the power of working together by participating in an annual Mother’s Day Campaign to give back to the community and to help fellow moms. This year, we will “Make A Mother’s Day” by collecting diapers and related donations to support low-income mothers who struggle with #DiaperNeed. Last year generous donations from across the country diapered 232 babies for one full month!
Your Donations Will Benefit Mothers, Children & Families in Need
Imagine on top of the stressful demands of motherhood the added stress of not being able to diaper your child. Imagine having to take a bus, with kids in tow, to shop for an enormous box of diapers or only being able to get them in an expensive, inner-city convenience store. Imagine not being able to work because you can’t provide the childcare center with enough diapers. This is the reality for too many mothers.
Come Meet Us
In addition to our numerous other activities, our mom-only program nights are usually scheduled for the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m.
We also have social gatherings at various locations on the third Wednesday of most months. Feel free to join us!
We would love to meet you!
April 12th to 24th
Please bring your donations to:
Fenton Free Library • Broome County Library • Vestal Library • George F. Johnson Library • Chenango Gymnastics
Diapers in unopened packages are preferred. Diapers in open, original packages also will be accepted. All diapers will be given to local families in need through Catholic Charities of Broome County and Chenango Valley Food Pantry
Thank you for helping low-income families & babies in our community!
Did you know:
- 1 in 3 US families struggle to afford diapers.
- Diapers cost up to $100 per month per baby. Nearly 6 million children age 3 and under live in poor or low-income families.
- Safety-net programs such as food stamps and WIC don’t pay for diapers
- Cloth is not an option for low-income families who don’t own a washing machine. Many laundromats and child care centers don’t allow cloth diapers. Cloth diapers can also be very costly up-front.
- Without enough diapers, children can not attend early childhood education programs and then parents can’t work.
- Many caregivers have to choose between diapers and food or electricity. Mothers without enough diapers are more likely to have depression and anxiety, which in turn impacts a child’s health and development as well.
- When there aren’t enough diapers, a mom may need to rinse and reuse a disposable diaper or leave it on too long. Soiled diapers can lead to babies and children with rashes and health problems.