Search this site
History‎ > ‎

Photo Archive

 
Original church/hall
 
The original church/hall at Broom opened on Saturday 21st. February 1942. Source : Broom and its Church*.
 

 

 

The interior of the original church/hall. Source : Broom and its Church*.

     
 

Three ministers at Broom, Rev J Reid Christie, Rev W Neilson Peterkin and Rev W Cameron Wallace. Source : Broom and its Church*.

   

Rev J Turner Kennedy, Minister of Broom (1947-1952). Source : A portrait in Broomhill Church of Scotland and Broom and its Church*.

 

Children's names are built in to the church, 1958. Source : Broom and its Church*.

   

Rev James Whyte, Minister of Broom (1987-2006). Source : John Dick and Broom and its Church*.

 

Fiftieth anniversary banners in the church, 1991. Source : Broom and its Church*.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Moderator of the Church of Scotland, Rt Rev Alan McDonald LLB, BD, MTh in Broom Church,
2006. Source : John Dick.
 

 
The Broom Elders in the year 2000. Click on the photo to see a larger version of it. Close window to return.

 
 

The Moderator of Glasgow Presbytery, Rev Alastair Cherry; the Presbytery Clerk, Rev David Lunan; Rev James Boag; the Interim Moderator, Rev Jeanne Roddick; The Minister at Govan Old, Rev Dr Norman Shanks at the induction of Rev James Boag to Broom Parish Church of Scotland, On Thursday 17 May 2007. Source John Dick.

 

*Broom and its Church by Grahame Thomson, available from the Church Office.