- Love is like cocaine: The remarkable, terrifying neuroscience of romance, Salon, Feb 14, 2015.
- Falling in Love Is Easy. Here's What to Do When You Need to Fall Out of It, The New Republic, Feb 12, 2015.
- Is Love Unconditional? New Book Defends Compassionate, Unromantic Love, Huffington Post, Feb 12, 2015.
- Digital dating sparks relationships, one swipe at a time, The Miami Hurricane, Feb 12, 2015.
- UM professor explains the science of love, Miami Herald, Feb 10, 2015.
- 10 Myths About Love, Exploded, Psychology Today, Feb 8, 2015.
- Transient Truths, New Books in Philosophy, Radio broadcast with interviewer and philosopher Carrie Figdor, July 15, 2013.
- "When Brain Damage Unlocks the Genius Within", Popular Science magazine on savant syndrome, March 2013 issue
- Seeing Sounds, Hearing Colors, St. Louis Synesthesia Lab Explores Rare Condition, NPR, St. Louis on the Air, By Alex Heuer, Mary Edwards and Don Marsh, Jan 24, 2013.
- Synesthesia and savant syndrome: Are we all superhuman, Science Omega 2/11/12.
- Fractals and the Mind, Explorations Sep 2012.
- College Drop-Out Becomes Accidental Genius, featured in: ABC News, MSNBC, Daily Mail, Chicago News, Modesto Bee, Tennessee Daily, The Hawaii Telegraph, Auckland News, Mumbai Mirror, Times of India, Aala Times, The Bangladesh Sun, Brazil News, The Asian Age, Central Asian News, Asian Tribune, Hong Kong News, Israel News, Tajikistan News, Iran Daily, Guatemala News, Nepal News, Danish Public Radio, ABC News Radio, Fox News, Oddity Central, kurzweilai.net, among other places.
- Man Becomes Genius after Head Injury, ABC's Nightline, 6/27/12.
- Synesthesia, Consciousness Chronicles Documentary, filmed by Nick Day, 5/15/12.
- Case Study of Accidental Genius, Danish National Public Radio, 4/27/12
- Reflections on Negativity and the Law of Attraction, Interview, The Egyptian Code, June 30, 2010.
- Are You Unlucky In Love? Blame Hollywood, Celeb Posts, November 30, 2010
- Tim Ferriss and The 4-Hour Workweek- Scam Or Dream?, October 19, 2010
- The Biggest Brain Fart Business And Entrepreneur Moments, TPE, October 7, 2010
- What's Your Type?: Interview With Author Berit Brogaard, Power of Care, September 21, 2010.
- How To Determine A Successful Product Before You Sell It, TPE, September 15, 2010
- Top Question to Ask Yourself Before Starting a Business, TPE, August 19, 2010.
- The Smallest Change with the Biggest Benefit, TPE, August 12, 2010.
- How to Handle an Unsupportive Spouse, TPE, August 3, 2010.
- Rock-Solid Foundation, QSR Magazine, August 1, 2010.
- Dating and Relationships and More, Yuwie, August 2010.
- Avoid these worst resume blunders, Yeavoid, August 2010.
- Worst Gaffes in Your Resume, CrouTube, August 2010.
- Learn from these resumé mistakes, Career Care.Com, August 2010.
- Upping Your Value, Aircraft Mechanics Forum, August 2010.
- Resume Hints, WhyDoWork.com, August, 2010.
- Worst Resume Blunders, Yahoo! Job Blunders, August 2010.
- WhoHub Interview, WhoHub July 23, 2010.
- What To Do When Your Spouse Is A Distraction at Work, TPE, July 20, 2010.
- Are You Normal about Gossip?, Glamour, August issue, 2010.
- 100 Book Recommendations to Get You Through the Summer, July 14, 2010.
- Parenting Education Practitioners Talk, Summer Issue, July 13, 2010.
- Hollywood's Worst Love Lessons, Love Life, July 11, 2010.
- 10 Relationship Rules You Should Break, MostMost, July 9, 2010.
- How to Measure Success in Your Business, TPE, July 8, 2010.
- True Love Chemistry Echoes Neuroscience and Happily Ever, Catherine Behan Show, Blog Talk Radio, June 30, 2010.
- Time Management Tips and Techniques, TPE, June 29, 2010.
- Most of Us Think You Had It Coming: Researcher Finds What People Think About Luck, UMSL Newsroom, June 22, 2010.
- Love ... in Another Language?, Match.com, June 15, 2010.
- Good Luck, bad luck, or just desserts, WorkWise, Modesto Bee (California Newspaper), May 30, 2010.
- 10 Tips for Taking Time Out for Yourself This Summer, Everyday Health, May 26, 2010.
Acting Bad is Good, WowOWow, May 26, 2010.
- LinkedIn Mondays: Top 3 Career Superpowers, May 24, 2010.
- Clear the digital clutter for efficiency, The Spokes-Man Review, May 15, 2010.
- De-Cluttering Your Digital Life Can Set You Free, Sci-Tech Today, May 11, 2010. Reading Eagle, June 6, 2010.
- De-clutter your digital life, Brisbane Times, May 9, 2010.
- A minute news, AP, May 7, 2010.
- Digital de-cluttering isn’t as hard as it sounds with clear goals and the right tools, Simple Thoughts, May 7, 2010.
your digital life can set you free, MSNBC, May 7, 2010.
- Mildred Culp, Desperation
sets in for older job seeker, SouthTownStar, May 2, 2010. "Berit
Brogaard (sites.google.com/site/brogaardb) wants you to nail that job.
That means practicing and lining up interviews with more zeal than a
techie conducting an online job-hunting campaign. Consider her advice:
Prepare, prepare, prepare. "Wear a nice suit," she said, "unless you're
Marc Anthony, David J. Chalmers, Eva Green or Akshay Kumar." Increase
your professional appeal by wearing glasses. Forget the shades. Use that
smile to control your voice. Bonus: It helps your looks. Vary your eye
contact from eyes to nose. "They won't notice the difference," she
commented. Finally, don't let a discussion dissipate. Maintain control.
Let them see that you're the right stuff."
- Don't be afraid to be a woman, Power of Care, April 26, 2010. "For
me, "Don't be afraid to be a
woman" means, among other things don't be afraid to dress like a woman.
You are not a man. Of course, if you feel more comfortable in jeans and
a T-shirt, by all means go ahead and dress that way. But if you like
wearing skirts or dresses, wear them and expect to be taken seriously
nonetheless. [It means] don't believe for a moment that you need to
behave like a man to succeed in this world. You can be yourself and
succeed. [It means have] confidence in yourself and your own abilities.
Being a woman is not a hindrance, it's an advantage. Women have unique
skills. They tend to be more emotionally developed creatures than men.
They tend to have better people skills. Those skills can get you quite
far in this world. Berit
Brogaard. Freelance writer
- CHEERLESS, FOREVER, ATTENTION! Fresnobee April 25, 2010.
Dos and Don'ts of the Job Interview, Featured in Mildred Culp's
interactive, The Modesto Bee, a California-based newspaper, Sunday
April 25, 2010. Here I offer some advice on job interviews.
- Michelle Goodman, "Career
Advice: Spring Clean Your Job Search", ABC News: Business, April
22, 2010. Here I answer a few questions about improving your job
- Laura Bently: Online
Privacy: It's What You Make It, IT Business Edge Magazine, April
12, 2010. "Brit Brogaard, Associate Professor of Philosophy and
at the University of Missouri, Saint Louis: "Online privacy is
still very much alive. While many Americans fear centralization and
government control if the online privacy rules are strengthened, most
are truly concerned about online privacy and want better protection of
their personal data. It's not just the threat of identity theft that
fuels people's concerns but also the tracking of their online activities
by e-companies in order to deliver tailored advertising"
- Peter Dizikes: You, yourself
and you. MIT news office, October 26, 2009. "The argument seems
controversial on the surface because
against common sense, says Berit Brogaard, an associate
professor of philosophy at the
Australian National University and the University
of Missouri, St. Louis."
- Transformers and Philosophy. Book cover: "An extraordinary adventure awaits you as you cruise through Transformers and Philosophy along
the path worn by the ancient philosophers. Immerse yourself in fifteen
gripping essays dedicated to the mesmerizing world of noble Autobots,
devious Decepticons, and other robotic creatures, and help unravel the
mysteries of the mind, the body and the soul." Berit Brogaard,
Australian National University and University of Missouri, St. Louis.
Go to Berit Brogaard's homepage