Saydisc updates and additions
Lots of things have come to light since the Saydisc & Village Thing Discography was published so some of the following links provide updates and additions. There was also a lot of stuff that could have been included in the discography, but which was eventually excluded because of page limitations and publishing deadline. To start, I've added some summary listings (some are still works-in-progress). I'll add a few more bits and pieces as and when I find them.
Updates and additions
The various series are listed below in the order in which the first of the series appeared. This might be a bit 'wrong footed' on occasion because sometimes a series wasn't made explicit until several records in and some series only exist on advertising materials rather than being explicitly stated on the records themselves.
See all summary listings or click on links below to go to a specific section
- The 'Saydisc Historic Jazz Series'
- The 'Bells of Britain' series
- 'The Golden Age of Mechanical Music' series
- The 'Saydisc Matchbox Blues Series'
- The Bornand Collection
- The 'Ragtime, Cakewalk and Stomps' series
- The 'Saydisc Jazz Series'
- The 'Matchbox Country Series'
- The 'Flyright-Matchbox Library of Congress Series'
- The 'West Cornwall Museum of Mechanical Music' series
- The 'Saydisc Traditional Series'
- The 'Cotswold Series'
- The 'Finchcocks Series'
- The 'Victoriana Series'
- The 'Steam Heritage' series
- The 'Matchbox Bluesmaster Series'
- The 'Border Keep' series
- The 'Golden Treasury Series'
- The 'Gloucestershire Country Life Series'
- Non-Saydisc-specific matrix numbers on early releases
- Series that never saw a Vol. 2
- Records that were mooted but never released, were cancelled or not released as planned
- Cassette-only releases
- Budget and mid-price releases
- Saydisc records credited to other organisations
- LPs still on catalogue as at spring 1988
- Saydisc recordings later issued by Past Times (very much work-in-progress)
- Saydisc recordings later issued by Musical Heritage Society (very much work-in-progress)