"A work of genius!"
Professor Noel Tredinnick
All Souls Choir & Orchestra
Christmas Cantata is a 90 minute contemporary oratorio for Advent and Christmas
It's all about voices: choirs, solos, duets, trios, octets, recitatives
It's supported by a continuo of piano, bass, and drums
But there are parts for orchestra if you want
Explore its unique sound today
Christmas Cantata: new edition in July 2016
Tell me when the revised version is available
Vocal score (July 2016)
8.5 x 11 inches
US $20 UK £12.50 EU €18
|Christmas Cantata stands consciously in the great tradition of western European oratorio. Yet its musical language is a fusion of choral pop, jazz, and lounge music.
It has been performed in Berlin, Brussels, Canterbury, Edinburgh, Florida, London, Los Angeles, Sao Paolo, Santo Domingo, Texas, Zimbabwe, and elsewhere.
1. Before all things began. Aria for soprano & chorus.
2. It is written. Recitative.
3. Angel. Aria for soli and chorus.
4. All this took place. Recitative.
5. Mary. Aria. Mezzo-soprano & chorus.
6. Behold. Recitative.
7. Blessed be the Lord. Chorus.
8. And so it was. Recitative.
9. Lullaby. Soprano.
10. And there were shepherds. Recitative.
11. Gloria. Chorus.
12. When the angel had gone from them. Recitative.
13. Shepherds. Octet.
14. Wake. Chorus with children.
16. Lord, our Lord. Chorus.
17. Simeon. Tenor solo & chorus.
18. Now when Jesus was born. Recitative.
19. You, Bethlehem. Trio & chorus.
20. Twinkle, twinkle, star so bright. Chorus.
21. And when they came to the place. Recitative.
22. The star
23. Rorate coeli
24. When Herod saw. Recitative.
25. A voice is heard in Ramah
26. When Israel was a child. Recitative.
28. The vision of Isaiah ben Amoz. Recitative.