Bratton Clovelly and Boasley Cross
1) From Bratton Clovelly (Chapel Road) take the road signed "Boasley" and "South Reed Fisheries".
2) Continue straight on for 1 mile then take the public bridleway on the right hand side.
3) Follow this bridleway past Fursden Farm towards Great Burrow.
4) Take the public bridleway on the right hand side immediately before "North Burrow".
5) Follow this
bridleway to the end, where it comes out onto a road immediately to the north
6) Turn left along this road and continue straight ahead for 2 miles to Boasley Cross.
7) At Boasley Cross take the second exit, straight ahead, and continue for 112 mile.
8) Take the public bridleway on the left hand side before reaching the A3079.
9) Follow this bridleway straight on for 2.5 miles, passing Blackbroom and Lower Voaden.
10) At the end of this bridleway, turn right along the road and return to Bratton Clovelly.
Note: this ride can be linked to Ruby Ride No.4 to create a longer ride.
Bratton Clovelly is
notable for its church, St. Mary the Virgin dating back to Norman times.
available from "The Clovelly Inn" in Bratton Clovelly.
Horseback ~ Ruby Ride 5
Ruby Ride ~ Route 5 Details