Bratton Clovelly Village and Lakeside Trail
Free parking is available at Roadford
1) From the Forest car park access track, turn right along the road to Headson Cross.
2) At Headson Cross, turn left and follow the road for 1.8 miles to Bratton Clovelly.
3) Turn right at the junction near the Clovelly inn, and
then turn left along the road
4) Continue straight on for 0.7 mile then take the public bridleway on the left hand side.
5) Follow this bridleway for 2 miles passing Voaden and Blackbroom.
6) Take the bridleway on the left where the two bridleways
7) Follow this bridleway for 1 mile passing Black Bangworthy
Cottage to the road.
8) At the end of this road, turn left (signed "Bratton
9) Take the public bridleway on the right hand side and cross Brock's Moor Field.
10) Cross straight over the lane and follow the public bridleway straight ahead.
11) Where the bridleway meets a road, follow the road
Enjoy the excellent views over Roadford
Lake on this part of the route. Roadford
With over 730 acres of water, Roadford
Lake is a spectacular lake with
Visit www.swlakestrust.org.uk for more information.
12) At the road junction, turn left and then take the public bridleway immediately on the right hand side.
13) Follow this bridleway along the edge of Roadford
Lake for 0.75 mile and then return
14) Cross straight over the road and continue along the
public bridleway for 0.6 mile. At its junction with
15) Continue to follow the bridleway along the farm access track back to the road.
16) Turn right along the road and then immediately left to return to the Forest car park.
Note: this ride can be linked to Ruby Ride No.5 to create a longer ride.
The ride could also begin and end in the Village (Point 3 in the list)
Refreshments are available from "The Clovelly Inn"
in Bratton Clovelly or
Horseback ~ Ruby Ride 4
Ruby Ride ~ Route 4 Details