Install Shut Off Valve Copper Pipe : Electromechanical Valve Actuator : Fisher Valve Catalogue.
Install Shut Off Valve Copper Pipe
- A pipe is a tubular section or hollow cylinder, usually but not necessarily of circular cross-section, used mainly to convey substances which can flow--liquids and gases (fluids), slurries, powders, masses of small solids.
- Rigid form (hard) pipe made of copper and sold in different lengths. DWV (drain, waste, vent) - large size Type K - thick wall Type L - medium wall Type M - thin wall.
- Used to carry water to fixtures and appliances. Use Type M for most residential work. Type L is required if the pipe is buried.
- stem the flow of; "shut off the gas when you leave for a vacation"
- isolate or separate; "She was shut off from the friends"
- block off the passage through; "We shut off the valve"
- A device used for stopping a supply or operation
- The cessation of flow, supply, or activity
- put into an office or a position; "the new president was installed immediately after the election"
- Establish (someone) in a new place, condition, or role
- set up for use; "install the washer and dryer"; "We put in a new sink"
- place; "Her manager had set her up at the Ritz"
- Place or fix (equipment or machinery) in position ready for use
- Place (someone) in a new position of authority, esp. with ceremony
- device in a brass wind instrument for varying the length of the air column to alter the pitch of a tone
- A membranous fold in a hollow organ or tubular structure, such as a blood vessel or the digestive tract, that maintains the flow of the contents in one direction by closing in response to any pressure from reverse flow
- a structure in a hollow organ (like the heart) with a flap to insure one-way flow of fluid through it
- control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid
- A device for controlling the passage of fluid through a pipe or duct, esp. an automatic device allowing movement in one direction only
- A cylindrical mechanism in a brass instrument that, when depressed or turned, admits air into different sections of tubing and so extends the range of available notes
I had to install these shut off valves after I cut the pipes, so I could screw the new faucet in. The valves are designed to tighten around a copper ring and create a new seal around the existing pipe. With a little trial and error while on my hands and knees, the install wasn't actually too difficult.
Some exposed copper pipes at the back of a shop, in the carpark area. Looks like gas as well as water pipes. The rain added a glossy sheen to everything, making them look extra interesting. Taken witih iPhone 3GS.
Similar posts: fast idle air valvebrine tank float valvesirai solenoid valvesolenoid valve wiring diagramengine valves manufacturing processback pressure regulator valvehigh pressure steam valvegate valve installation