Sometimes getting the wax cleaned out of your ears or using an inexpensive assistive device is all that's required to overcome a hearing problem, sometimes it's not. Knowing what to do about it and where to go for help with hearing loss can seem frustrating and confusing.
At this initial consultation one of our Doctors of Audiology will sit down with you and discuss the difficulties you are having with your hearing. They will probably recommend a hearing evaluation to determine the exact extent and nature of your hearing abilities. Most insurance companies will pay for the cost of a hearing evaluation completed by an Audiologist. We will then explain, in depth. You (your family or friend, if desired) and Dr. Christensen or Dr. Zubrod will discuss your lifestyle and determine what hearing solutions are best for you.
These solutions may include, assistive listening devices (ALDs) (such as a wireless TV listening device, personal amplifier, a wireless FM communication system, vibrating alarm clock and/or fire alarm indicator, or other devices) or they could include hearing aids.
If hearing aids are recommended (and for some ALDs), we will demonstrate the solution in our office to give you the opportunity to make an informed decision.
Hearing Aids and The Digital Revolution
Digital Hearing Aid Features -
The digital revolution has made a huge impact on the way hearing aids look and work. They can be so small that they are virtually invisible, or even so “cool” looking that you will want everyone to see them. They can also more accurately mimic the way you used to hear before you experienced hearing loss.
Digital Hearing Aid Features
• Dual microphones allow you to hear better in noisy situations. Some can even identify the source of the noise and reduce it!
• Open technology that keeps the ear canal unobstructed eliminates that “talking in a barrel” effect.
• Feedback cancellation does just that…It cancels feedback BEFORE you hear it as an annoying whistle.
• Hands-free technology automatically adjusts to your listening environment…whether you are on the phone, in a crowd or in wind.
• Your digital hearing aid can be programmed with a computer to meet your individualized needs. < >
Digital Hearing Aid Technology
There are so many options available to you! There are four technology levels…Economy, Basic, Advanced and Best. Each level offers digital hearing solutions based on your level of hearing loss, lifestyle and budget.
Find out what it sounds like before you buy! Call for your FREE demonstration today!
Hearing Aid Styles
Most hearing aids today are not very noticeable. Here are some examples of what the new technology looks like when in your ear.