In this unit you learn to talk about clothes.
- Learn the vocabulary
- Learn how to use adjectives in front of nouns and how to adjust for gender
- Learn to combine clothes you need to wear in certain weather conditions
In the table of contents click on the topic you want to practice
Learn the vocabulary
- Quizlet 1 - Learn the vocabulary
- Quia - Match the pictures and the words.
- Learn the vocabulary with this game then play the memory game.
- Play memory game. Listen to the words.
- Dress the person correctly hier.
- Der, die oder das?
Read a story: How do we use adjectives in front of nouns?
Can you find the grammar rule? Read the following story carefully:Wo ist der Diamant?
A story about clothes and adjectives
How to say what you are wearing using adjectives: Was trägst du? - Was brauchst du?
- Quizlet 2: learn how to use adjectives
You have learned that
clothes are nouns and they come in 3 grammatical genders and some items are
used in Plural Form.
Ich trage einen Rock, eine Bluse, ein Hemd und
Use the colours and
adjectives you know already: for example ‘rot’
Now we are adding
adjectives to the nouns:
Ich trage einen roten Rock,
eine rote Bluse,
ein rotes Hemd und
- Cloze - Read the text carefully and choose the correct words.
- Pack your suitcase with this game.
- Cloze text 1 - put the sentence parts together --> scroll down and open game 'Wie ist die Kleidung'
- Was trägst du? - Find the correct sentence, watch out for correct grammar.
- Was trägst du? - Uncramble the Sentences, watch out for correct grammar.
How to say what you are wearing in different weather conditions
- Columns - Match the clothes with the weather conditions
text 2 - challenging sentence parts which describe the clothes you wear
and the weather conditions --> scroll down and open game 'Was trage
ich in welchem Wetter'
Apply what you have learned: Dress the Eastenders
Reading Comprehension and writing
Dress the Eastenders - Dress characters of your choice and describe them what they are wearing. Then d
ownload the Work Sheet of your choice from the file section below and challenge yourself.
- Work Sheet 1 Was tragen die Eastenders: Read the text carefully and dress the actors accordingly. Then write some sentences about the actors you have dressed according to your choice.
- Work Sheet 2 Was tragen die Eastenders Gap Fill: Read the text and fill in the missing words or word endings. Then write some sentences about the actors you have dressed according to your choice. If possible use interesting sentences.