In this section you learn to talk about items you need for school. You learn to say what you have or do not have.
In the table of contents click on the topic you want to focus on.
Can you name stationary items and school supplies?
Quizlet 1 - here is the core vocabulary for this unit, practice. You find the core vocabulary also in the video below.
Watch the core vocabulary list here:
Activities and Games
- Match the picture - Look at the picture and choose the correct word to match.
- Naugths and Crosses - Play against your computer. Match the words with the pictures.
- Advanced Dustbin - Sort according to gender. Use the right, left and up arrow keys on your computer to guide the word to its place.
Can you name classroom items and furniture?
Listen carefully for new words you have not learned in the previous section. Are some words pronounced differently than you are used to?
Activities and games
- Quia - Sort the items according their gender. Watch out for plural forms.
- Quia - Test your knowledge about classroom items and things which are in your pencil case.
- Multiple Choice - match the genders to the words.
How to say which school stationary items you have or do not have
Quizlet 2 - here are sentence structures to say what you have or do not have Quizlet 3 - PLURAL WORDS : you need the plural forms when you want to talk about more than 1 item.
Say and write sentences:
- Quia - Do you have all the items you need
for your lessons? Match the pictures with the sentences.
- Quia - Now ask your teacher about the things you
- Quia - Do you have everything you need in school? Answer the questions.
- Listen and match - A friend wants to borrow from you. Listen to the conversation. Match the correct item and the correct possessive pronoun.
- Quia - Review the items you need for school with
these flash cards. Listen carefully.
- Battleship - When you hit a target, answer the question. Look for the correct spelling.
- Scramble - Test yourself, can you write the stationary items correctly?
- Wordle - Was ist in deiner Schultasche. Build sentences.
How to make a 'Schultüte'
How to say what school supplies you want to buyNow practice how to buy stationary items:
Schüler und Lehrer - Teachers and students
You can also
learn the vocabulary for this unit. Scroll down to the bottom of this
page to Attachments, download the PowerPoint Presentation and save it.
- Quiz - Become rich with your knowledge about the school vocabulary, but choose your answers wisely.
- Fill in the gaps - What do you think about school? Read the text and choose the correct answers.