The BPLS Help Desk is an online help facility that serves as the repository of data, information and other resources on the streamlining of business permits and licensing system (BPLS) in the country. Its objectives are: (1) to disseminate information to the public on the government reform program for making business registration more efficient; (2) to support trained coaches from the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) and the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in rolling-out the BPLS service standards to cities and municipalities; and (3) assist local government officials and staffs like Business permits and Licensing Officers (BPLOs) in implementing BPLS reforms.
The Help Desk website features the following:
- BPLS Helpline: a discussion group among BPLS coaches and interested BPLOs to exchange experiences and questions in rolling out the BPLS reforms.
- BPLS Nationwide Streamlining Program: contains information on the objectives, benefits and components of the government program.
- National BPLS Standard: describes the four service standards for processing business registration applications.
- Target LGUs in the BPLS Program: list of the targeted LGUs that gov’t will capacitate in implementing the BPLS standards, including the criteria for their selection.
- Policy Issuances and Guidelines: · contains the official documents issued by DTI, DILG and other government offices related to BPLS.
- BPLS Knowledge Products/Files: · contains downloadable presentation materials used in various BPLS workshops, which may be useful in rolling-out the BPLS standards to LGUs.
- Frequently Asked Questions: lists down answers to questions on BPLS reforms raised in various workshops on BPLS.
- Directory of Coaches: contains the names and contact details of participants in the Training of Trainers Workshops on BPLS Streamlining.
- Updates and Events: contains news on recent BPLS-related activities.