TRADITIONAL DINING ROOM DECORATING : AMERICAN BATHROOM DECOR : DECORATIVE WINDOW TREATMENTS.
Traditional Dining Room Decorating
- the system where passengers eat at the same time and table each evening with the same tablemates and waitstaff each night. This is largely being replaced by open-seating, anytime dining.
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- Opportunity or scope for something to happen or be done, esp. without causing trouble or damage
- an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling; "the rooms were very small but they had a nice view"
- space for movement; "room to pass"; "make way for"; "hardly enough elbow room to turn around"
- Space that can be occupied or where something can be done, esp. viewed in terms of whether there is enough
- board: live and take one's meals at or in; "she rooms in an old boarding house"
- A part or division of a building enclosed by walls, floor, and ceiling
traditional dining room decorating - Wallmonkeys Peel
Wallmonkeys Peel and Stick Wall Graphic - Farmhouse Dining Room - 24"W x 16"H
WallMonkeys wall graphics are printed on the highest quality re-positionable, self-adhesive fabric paper. Each order is printed in-house and on-demand. WallMonkeys uses premium materials & state-of-the-art production technologies. Our white fabric material is superior to vinyl decals. You can literally see and feel the difference. Our wall graphics apply in minutes and won't damage your paint or leave any mess. PLEASE double check the size of the image you are ordering prior to clicking the 'ADD TO CART' button. Our graphics are offered in a variety of sizes and prices.
WallMonkeys are intended for indoor use only.
Printed on-demand in the United States Your order will ship within 3 business days, often sooner. Some orders require the full 3 days to allow dark colors and inks to fully dry prior to shipping. Quality is worth waiting an extra day for!
Removable and will not leave a mark on your walls.
'Fotolia' trademark will be removed when printed.
Our catalog of over 10 million images is perfect for virtually any use: school projects, trade shows, teachers classrooms, colleges, nurseries, college dorms, event planners, and corporations of all size.
Living Like Lucrezia Borgia
Caption reads: Furniture in the Italian Provincial style, scaled to today's smaller rooms, makes a traditional dining ararangement in a modern setting. The table, with its octagonal top and pedestal base, provides ample room for dinner for four, yet takes little space. It can be extended to serve eight. The mitered fruitwood tabletop and the base, with its antique finish, give this table the lightness and grace of Italian Provincial styling. The armchairs, trimmed down in scale to fit the table, feature an antique-white finish that is accented with hand-painted gold striping. The velvet upholstery for chair sets and arms echoes the warm fruitwood finish and the gold of the chair decoration. The open-weave cane backs contribute ot the spacious look set by the wall-to-wall carpeting. A slab of white marble tops the three identical storage units to make a light and practical sideboard. White is used extensively throughout the room in a variety of textures, such as the painted brick and the thick carpteting. This dining room's decor was selected to provide a background for the owner's collection of cobalt-blue glassware and the elegant chandelier. Blue flowers in the centerpiece accent the blue crystal. The neutral white background makes an excellent foil for the blue of the accents.
Gray dining room: Pratt & Lambert 'Sierra Night' + crystal chandelier + traditional furniture
J'adore this dining room! Former Cottage Living editor Anne Turner designed it as part of a makeover of her 1940s Birmingham, Alabama home. The walls are painted Sierra Night by Pratt & Lambert. Close matches are Green Gables by EarthPaint, Kelp Forest by California Paints, La Fonda Territory Green by Valspar, and Vintage Vogue by Benjamin Moore. Dining table and chandelier are vintage (the latter is 1940s). Chairs from Zentique. Floors are Lumber Liqudators' 2 1/4" white oak select stained with half formula of Special Walnut. Photo by Erica G. Dines, Cottage Living.
traditional dining room decorating
Darryl Carter is a leader in the design world, recognized for his restrained, distinguished, and livable environments. Known for seamlessly mixing the modern with the classical, Carter presents a comprehensive guide to creating a home that balances individual comfort with a timeless aesthetic.
Comfort is the essential element of a successful interior, but also the most elusive. Too often our design decisions are driven by others. In The New Traditional, Darryl Carter encourages you to be true to your own lifestyle. More than a stunning book, this is an accessible resource for making an elegant, inviting home, responsive to the people who live in it every day.
A fresh take on American design, Carter’s work has been lauded as the New Traditional for effortlessly blending classic and modern elements to create personal environments. Patinated furniture, subtle textiles and lighting, and chalky washes of color are among the details that transform a house into a home. Carter explains how you can translate these details into inspired and always calming surroundings. Ignore the obvious. Redefine a dining room so that it doubles as a library by lining the walls with bookshelves and using wing chairs in lieu of dining chairs. Stain wood floors white to create a greater sense of space. Build rooms around art. Carter shows that designing your home is a process to be enjoyed.