QUILTS FLORAL : FREE FLOWER DESIGNS.
- (quilting) stitching through layers of fabric and a filling so as to create a design
- A knitted or fabric bedspread with decorative stitching
- (quilt) bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
- A warm bed covering made of padding enclosed between layers of fabric and kept in place by lines of stitching, typically applied in a decorative design
- A layer of padding used for insulation
- (quilt) stitch or sew together; "quilt the skirt"
- Of flowers
- Of flora or floras
- relating to or associated with flowers; "floral organs"
- Decorated with or depicting flowers
- resembling or made of or suggestive of flowers; "an unusual floral design"
- of or relating to the plant life in a particular region; "characteristic alpine floral elements"
quilts floral - Gathered From
Gathered From The Garden: Quilts With Floral Charm
You don t need a green thumb to grow this beautiful garden! Popular flower motifs are showcased in fresh, pretty quilts. Gather seeds of inspiration from your own garden, and then use quick applique methods to sow them.
* Flower blocks are showcased in eight projects, such as Sunflower Circle, My Secret Garden, and a table runner
* Learn a quick, no-measure method for adding borders
* Find handy tricks for appliqueing perfect stems, circles, and other shapes, plus tips for choosing color combinations
The Quilt Made with Luck
My mom bought this fabric in a quilt shop. She's not a quilter, so she just bought and said, "Here. I like this fabric. Make me some pillows." So, I decided to make a quilt, since I'm bored with making pillows. I thought I would make a quilt with half square triangles, but something went wrong (I wasn't paying attention and sew the long edges on some triangle instead of the short edges) and I ended up making some half-square triangle and some guarter-triangle squares. Ya followin' me? Anyway, I really didn't want to tear out seams, so I winged it! I loosely measured out an inner border (which worked out perfectly) and came up with this design. I like this so much better than what I was going to do that I feel lucky for my stupid mistake in the beginning! I think my mom will be happy!
The fabrics for the quilt Schnookie is making. Pookie's quilt is full of sassy retro prints in bold colors, making Schnookie's prints feel like something you'd find in your great-grandmother's fussy guest bedroom.
Reach new creative heights in your quilting with these fresh, fun ideas for fabric and flower lovers! Add incredible texture, dimension, and beauty to your quilts by simply "capturing," arranging, and machine quilting colorful silk flowers under a layer of sheer fabric.
· Learn to transform ordinary silk flowers into gorgeous quilted arrangements in the "how-to" section, and then apply the techniques to four dazzling patterns
· As you stitch stunning bouquets, floral samplers, and scenic designs, you'll learn smart tips about color, placement, and various silk-flower styles
· Discover a clever method for creating branches and vines with twisted strips of fabric, plus ideas for embellishing your quilts with beads and ribbons
By using this one-of-a-kind technique, you can make your next quilt blossom with your favorite flowers!
From the author of Fantasy Fabrics.