The Los Angeles Department of City Planning's New Community Plan Program for the Boyle Heights area reflects a collaborative effort between residents, organizations, community-based groups, businesses, developers, agencies, and all key community stakeholders.
- --Saturday April 26, 2014 morning
- 10:30am to 12:30pm Community Room, Boyle Heights City Hall 2130 E. 1st Street (1st and Chicago)
- --Tuesday April 29, 2014 evening6:00pm to 8:00pm Community Room, Boyle Heights City Hall 2130 E. 1st Street (1st and Chicago)
- Parking available and ADA accessible at the entrance to the Community Room off of Chicago Street. Public Transportation access: walking distance from Soto/1st Station and Mariachi Plaza Station. 1st Street also has a bike lane for those that prefer biking. For more information on public transportation routes (buses/metro) visit: www.metro.net/riding/maps.
Small focus group sessions were scheduled for January-April 2013. Staff met with key leaders from local stakeholders organizations and groups to work on identifying the community's goals, set priorities, determine objectives, and give insight and direction on the community's vision for the Community Plan. The meetings were centered around topics: Housing, Mobility, Cultural Resources/Historic Preservation, and Environment/Health/River. These topics served as a platform to also discuss other land use issues and proposed policies that the participants felt important to identify in these small focus group sessions. 'Planning 101' sessions were organized to provide information on the role of the Department of City Planning, the purpose of a Community Plan, and the process for approving a Community Plan.
Participants' notes and map exercises are posted below for each small focus group session. After you see these notes and maps you can still provide further input by clicking on this on-line comment form: Comment Form
General Summary of comments received at Winter/Spring 2013 focus groups. The general summary is a document that captures all input in general, for specific notes from each session please see list below.
Focus Group Topic Date/Summary ___
▪ Planning 101 jan 30 presentation
▪ Housing feb 6 summary
▪ Planning 101 feb 15 presentation
▪ Mobility feb 20 summary
▪ Housing feb 22 summary
▪ Cultural/Historic feb 26 summary
▪ Mobility mar 1 summary
▪ Environment/Health/River mar 6 summary
▪ Cultural/Historic mar 3 summary
▪ Environment/Health/River mar 20 summary
▪ Local Small Businesses mar 29 summary
▪ Planning 101 apr 3 presentation
▪ Large Industrial Owners/Tenant apr 5 summary
Fall 2012 - Review of Previous Materials
In the Fall of 2012, staff presented a review of 2006-2009 materials and delivered informational packets to the newly elected Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council, the Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council Land Use Committee, and other stakeholders such as Council District 14 office, Mayor's office, and the East Los Angeles Community Corporation (ELACC). Below is the presentation and materials/handouts are all listed under "2009 - Spring Public Workshops".
Spring 2009 - Public Workshops
Workshop Materials Drafted -
Pictures from the 2009 Public Workshops
*** Work-In-Progress Website - Stay tuned for updates as the New Community Plan process continues***