Winter 2014: Staff is preparing draft maps and spreadsheets that show where all of our proposed land use and zone changes will be, the preliminary policies and programs of the plan, and the initial draft CPIO, which will be covering TOD Planning, neighborhood conservation, industrial land use, and tienditas. Once these initial components have been finalized and are made presentable, we will organize workshops with the community as a last-round "temperature check" on the plan's project description. We hope to be able to accomplish this by Spring at the latest. At the same time we are preparing to enter our technical phase, which includes hiring an EIR consultant.
Major steps in NCP Process:
· Phase I Outreach
- Information Gathering: Meet with Neighborhood Councils, community organizations & residents and survey existing land uses.
· Phase II Outreach
- Revisit with summary of community input and potential implementation alternatives.
· Phase III Outreach
- Workshops: Present preliminary plan concepts and gather feedback.
· Technical Phase
- Prepare draft plan, land use change map, overlays & Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR).
· Phase IV Outreach
- Open House & Public Hearing: Display draft Plan and final EIR (FEIR) and receive comments/testimony from the community.
· Adoption Phase
- Present draft Plan and Final EIR to:
1) East Los Angeles Area Planning Commission (APC)
2) City Planning Commission (CPC)
3) Planning & Land Use Management Committee (PLUM)
4) City Council