Home‎ > ‎About BMC‎ > ‎

History

BMC was birthed in the fall of 1984 as a new mission church by the Western District Conference (WDC) of the General Conference Mennonite Church. Marilyn Miller was called by the WDC Home Missions Committee to be the new church planting pastor and she served as pastor until August 1989. Boulder Mennonite's charter worship service was on November 25, 1985, where the core worshiping group covenanted mutual support and accountability with each other in "anticipation of increasing our love of God, neighbor, and self and furthering love, justice, and Shalom in our world." The three primary scripture passages quoted above were chosen as the foundational, guiding passages for BMC's spiritual and faith life. These passages continue to provide that key guidance and inspiration for our church life. Steve and Susan Ortman Goering served as pastors to BMC from 1989 to 2004.

Jane and Merv Dick served as interim pastors during 2004 – 2005, a year of transition for the church. In the summer of 2004, the church moved from our longterm home at 1520 Euclid to a different building at 3910 Table Mesa. The congregation called Karen Cox to be our next pastor, and she started in August 2005. In the summer of 2005, the congregation decided to join a new area conference created with churches from Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas that had formerly been members in the Western District Conference and the Rocky Mountain Mennonite Conference. The new conference, Mountain States Mennonite Conference (MSMC) was officially established on January 1, 2006. The Boulder Mennonite Church remembers with thanks the WDC for its commitment during our early years. BMC is also affiliated with the national Mennonite Church USA, and less formally with the Church of the Brethren.

Public Comments