A culture of civic decision-making and problem-solving that is inclusive, ethical, forward-looking and accountable.
Enhance community leadership by developing, connecting and mobilizing citizens throughout the greater Asheville area.
These values guide our beliefs and actions. Our values are the fabric of Leadership Asheville’s unique culture and are central to our success.
The primary means by which our mission is accomplished is through the synergy that occurs by bringing together public, private and nonprofit sector leaders from many disciplines and neighborhoods.
Leadership Asheville embraces the diversity in our communities and encourages everyone, without exception, to contribute to its success.
Region We Serve
The greater Asheville area.
Community Capacity Building
Click here to view a PDF detailing a graphic-outline of the 8 outcomes from community capacity building. Each outcome on the graphic links to a separate PDF that contains a detailed explanation of that particular outline. You can also view the following links:
- Outcome 1: Expanding, Diverse, Inclusive Citizen Participation
- Outcome 2: Expanding Leadership Base
- Outcome 3: Strengthened Individual Skills
- Outcome 4: Widely Shared Understanding and Vision
- Outcome 5: Strategic Community Agenda
- Outcome 6: Consistent, Tangible Progress Toward Goals
- Outcome 7: More Effective Community Organizations and Institutions
- Outcome 8: Better Resource Utilization by the Community
Leadership Asheville Vision