Special Note: All Boston Judo members must have a membership with USA Judo
All members of Boston Judo are required to have a valid membership with USA Judo. USA Judo is a non-profit organization located at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Membership with USA Judo allows Judo practitioners to compete at USA Judo sanctioned events, in addition to the following benefits:
- Protection of amateur standing in all tournaments that USA Judo sanctions in the United States.
- Ability to participate in any USA Judo-sanctioned event in the U.S. for which he/she is qualified. This includes clinics and training camps. Furthermore, all National tournaments sanctioned by either USJF and USJA are open to qualified USA Judo members.
- Opportunity to represent the USA at the Pan American Games, Pan American Championships, World Championships, select international competitions and the Olympic Games!
- Participation in International Judo Exchange Programs.
- One million dollar liability insurance coaches or officials at sanctioned events or scheduled training sessions. No deductible.
- Excess Accident Medical Insurance for any injury occurring at a sanctioned event or scheduled training session. Membership includes a $25,000 medical insurance policy with a $2,500 deductible. "Excess" coverage means that it goes into effect after any other health insurance you might have.
- Membership in your state judo organization. Through the state organizations, members can participate in their State Judo Government, subject to each state's by-laws. Members may represent their state as a delegate to the National Board of Directors meetings, serve on National Committees, and run for National-elected office.