Do you have questions about feeding your new baby? Has there ever been a time you just wanted to talk with another Mom about breastfeeding? Maybe you are currently breastfeeding and have questions about how long you can breastfeed for, or how to keep breastfeeding once you return to work or school. You're not alone! Everyone has questions!
That's how Bosom Buddies got started! Mothers from all over Cumberland County came together with Public Health, Maggie's Place, and other community members to talk about how we can provide support to breastfeeding Moms. Other communities across Canada have been using peer telephone support and it works!
Our Bosom Buddies are a trained volunteer group of breastfeeding Moms who can share their experiences and provide support and encouragement to new breastfeeding Moms.
Bosom Buddies - Cumberland are supported by the local Breastfeeding and Baby Friendly Network, Public Health Services, and Maggie's Place.
If you are a new breastfeeding Mom and are looking for some friendly support, please click here.
Breastfeed Your Baby
1. Breast milk is easily digested by your baby.
2. Breast milk is perfect nutrition for your baby.
3. Breastfed babies have fewer childhood illnesses, ear infections and allergies.
4. Breast milk benefits the baby's immune system.
5. Milk is always available at the right temperature as well as fresh, clean and safe.
6. Breastfeeding is relaxing to the mother and baby.
7. Breastfed babies exhibit good oral development.
8. Breast milk does not cost anything.
9. Breastfeeding creates a close bond between mother and baby.
10. Breastfeeding offers many advantages to the mother such as reduced risk of breast cancer and osteoporosis.