The first recorded hockey matches involving both pupils and student teachers of Boroughmuir High School were played in 1908 against North Berwick, Gillespies, Eskbank, Falkirk, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh Ladies, Waid and Queen Street. In 1922, Boroughmuir Ladies Hockey club was founded by former high school pupils. The club officially joined the ScottishWomen’s Hockey Association in 1927.
In the early 1980’s the club opened its doors to all. It was also around that time that we joined the National League.
Redevelopment of our home ground at Meggetland meant for many years, Boroughmuir Ladies Hockey club led a nomadic lifestyle (in hockey terms). Having played and trained at many of Edinburgh’s best and worst facilities over the years, it wasn’t until 2006 that we finally returned to Meggetland.
Over the years, players from Boroughmuir Ladies Hockey Club have had trials for Scotland, umpired at the Olympics and held prestigious positions in the Scottish Hockey Union.