Cole School

Cole School

Cole School is a brick one-room school house that held classes from 1888-1933. Before restoration began, it was crumbling and in need of serious attention.

Renaissance Restoration, historic preservationists, completed the masonry work. They replaced missing and damaged bricks with salvaged bricks, tuck pointed the entire structure, resurfaced the limestone foundation, installed a replicated door, and replaced the windows with four-over-four period panes.

The schoolhouse retains many of its original features including arched brickwork above the windows and wainscoting along the interior walls. 

:all photo download:42-15865262.jpgTo visit Cole School:

843 R Ave.,
Boone, IA

2 miles east of Boone from 22nd
and Linn Streets and 1/2 mile north
on R Ave. 
 
The Cole School will be open for the public Sundays from 1-4 p.m. starting Sunday, May 22. Also, people can visit the school by appointment by calling 515-490-2207 or email info@coleschool.com


To download a brochure about Cole School, click here.






































Other links to information on One Room Schoolhouses:

Iowa Pathways  by Tom Morain, Graceland University

IPTV-Iowa's One Room Schoolhouses