1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter, melted
1-2 apples, cored and very thinly sliced
1 -2 tablespoons sugar
Additional butter for pan
- Stir together flours and all other dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and then stir in the butter.
- Heat some butter in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle apple slices with sugar and then place, sugar side down, on hot skillet.
- Spoon pancake batter over the apple slice, covering and surrounding it. Cook until bubbles form on the outside ring of the pancake - about 5 minutes, then flip and cook 3 - 4 minutes more until nice light brown.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.