Aion Siege Alarm is an Android application that runs in the background of you Android mobile phone and sends you notifications before a siege.
It also has an activity that lets you chose which forts to monitor.
At the moment it has only been tested on a HTC Desire phone.
How to use it
- The menu key brings up a menu where 'Settings' is the only option today. Other options are in the planning stage.
- Long press on a fortress sets a notification trigger for that fortress.
- Notification triggers are indicated with a red drop shadow.
- When a fortress is vulnerable, or about to be, the background color turns dark red.
- Every time the main view gets focus a refresh is done. That means like opening and closing the menu, going to home screen and back. There is no need to change server to get a refresh.
- The data feed will only be used once every hour. All other refresh will be done using a local database.
- The data feed will be read a short random time after every full hour, in order to avoid connection spikes.
- Experimental support for multiple views, under Settings.
- Redesign of some internal stuff to be able to do some of the planned features.
- The graphics are just there for testing, it will be replaced with other icons later on.
- Quick workaround; Some strange char was found in the data feed for Krotan only on different servers today. That triggered the notification.
- Removed the old servers no longer in use
- It will most likely display the wrong server for you, so go into Settings and select the correct server
- Fixed a bug with the background color
- Toggle individual alarms by long press
- Alarms are indicated with a drop shadow
- There are no alarms by default
- Added a news dialog
- Text colors now depends on the conquering race
- Background color now depends on the fortress state
- Flash the notification led
- Fixed a recursion problem with intents from the notification
- Spelling correction
- Tested with Android 1.5 and Android 1.6 using the emulator
- The icon in the notification bar does not show up on Android 1.5
- Initial release
- Only tested on HTC Desire with Android 2.1
- Fetch abyss information once every hour
- Cache abyss information in a database
- Display a simple list with abyss information
- Sends a notification if any fortress will be vulnerable.