1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened at room temperature for 15 minutes
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 medium to large Gala apples, peeled, cored, sliced into 1/8-1/4 inch slices
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Heat your oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add the sliced apples and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
3. Unroll the pie crust and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Using a rolling pin, roll the pie crust to make it just a little bit bigger, about a 13-inch circle.
4. Pile the apple mixture onto the center of the pie crust, leaving a 2 1/2-inch border. Gently fold the edge of the pie crust up and over the apple mixture, dabbing on a bit of water where the pie crust overlaps. Brush the pie crust with heavy cream and sprinkle it with sugar.
5. Bake the crostata for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature.
Makes 6-8 servings