Fudgy Brownies from The Bake-Off Flunkie
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 6 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Heat your oven to 325. Spray the bottom of a 8x8 glass pan with non-stick spray.
2. Put the butter and chocolate chips in a medium microwaveable bowl, and heat on high for 1 minute; stir. Heat for 30 seconds more and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
3. Add the sugar and stir until the sugar and chocolate mixture is completely combined.
4. Add the vanilla and eggs, and stir until the mixture is completely combined.
5. In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and flour; mix well to break up any lumps in the cocoa powder. Add to the chocolate mixture and stir until completely combined.
6. Bake for 26-28 minutes, or until the top of the brownies are flat and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean (you want a few moist crumbs to cling to the toothpick). Cool completely (if you can stand to wait) before cutting to get the best looking pieces.
Tip: Use a plastic knife to cut the brownies; the knife will slide right through.