ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich(Android 4.0.4)
Current Version: CM9.0.0-VM670-BobZhome (9-30-2012)
Description: Well, let's be honest. Unless you're living under a
rock, you probably know what Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is.
Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However,
if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit
their site: http://www.cyanogenmod.com
==== '''People worked with/owe thanks to:''' ====
- CyanogenMOD - Do I need to state why we owe thanks to this guys?
- IHO Team - Starting the IHO project
- TDM & TheKraven - For all the work they have put into ICS
==== '''What is not working?''' ====
==== '''What is partially working?''' ====
==== '''Known issues:''' ====
- HQ video (eg. youtube) is choppy
==== '''Changelog''' ====
- Sync'd with CM9
- Trimmed Trebuchet: Removed all hdpi & xhdpi content
- Trimmed LatinIME: Removed all dictionaries except English & Spanish
- Changed Script: Now using A2SD++ thanks to Croniccorey over on XDA(see Q & A below for more info)
- Fixed Camera Panorama View: Thanks to TheKraven
- Sync'd with CM9: We are now at 9.1.0
- Moved: Dalvik-Cache back to the Data partition(see Q & A below for more info)
- Fixed: Boot up..."Android is updating" is gone
- Sync'd with CM9: We are now at 9.0.0 Stable, more info here
- Kernel v4.1: Better deep sleep
- Sync'd with CM9
- Fixed: USB storage...now working for windows also
- Fixed: Brightness...Thanks to danmogger for helping me find the problem!
- Fixed: Bluetooth...disconnecting no longer cause reboots
- Sync'd with CM9: We are now at RC2(Release Candidate)
- Fixed: USB storage not working
- Added: Spainish language back in Again
- Kernel v4: Upgraded from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- Sync'd with CM9
- Fixed: Bluetooth Headset calling
- Fixed: Wired Headset Microphone
- Kernel v3 = Tweaked: 1) Hitachi screen drivers 2) Overclock GPU(but didn't see any difference) 3) Adjusted Proximity Sensor
- Sync'd with CM9: We are now at RC1(Release Candidate)
- Fixed: Speaker Phone's low volume
- Added: More Asserts - Hopefully the other recoveries will play nice
- Kernel v2.9 = Fixed: PPTP - VPN thanks to Blackhive
- Sync'd with CM9: Fixed MMS on stock messaging app
- Fixed: Camcorder(you need to use Videocam Illusion from the market(play store) - Thanks to thekaven!
- Added: Spain language back in
- Added: Trebuchet back in
- Removed: Launcher Pro
- Initial Release
- Added: Launcher Pro
- Removed: VideoEditor, foreign dictionaries, foreign keyboards, foreign fonts, large ringtones, Live Wallpaper, CM wallpaper, and CM ringtones
- BobZics Kernel v2.8
==== '''Download Links''' ====
NOTE: First Boot takes about eight minutes on my phone, be patient!
NOTE 2: If you end up having issues, always go back and try wiping. Start fresh and see if things don't improve.
NOTE 3: It'll take awhile for everything to settle down. Especially
after installing gapps and syncing accounts. Give it a few minutes to
settle and reboot a couple times. The system will speed up after that.
Build 9/30: cm-9.1.0.VM670.BobZhome.09302012.zip MD5checksum= 346c23bcb3a5776696b0c89449a250b8
Here is a QR code for a direct download to your phone:
Custom Gapps(smaller): gapps-ics-20120429-BobZ.zip MD5checksum= 971373a429db999b0b2fdf0ec1363956
Latest Gapps: gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip MD5checksum= 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c
ClockworkMod Recovery: VM670NH_recovery.img MD5checksum= 4196aac89f95ee7b468c53b5ffacf9db
==== '''Helpful Tips''' ====
Overclocking is available in Settings --> Performance --> Processor. Tweak it as you like, but know
this: not all OV's were created equally.
==== '''Q & A''' ====
Q: What Baseband will this work on?
A: It works with all current Baseband, you do NOT need to update your Baseband, I'm still on ZV4
Q: Do I need the VM670NH recovery to install this ROM?
A: No, it's the one I use and recommend
Q: Can I use an A2SD script with this ROM?
A: No need...the rom will move your apps and dalvik to the EXT partition on your SDcard, if you have an EXT partition!
Q: Do I need an SDcard with EXT partition to install this ROM?
A: No, but it is very recommend to have one.
Q: Why was so much removed from your ROM?
A: This OS is so big it leaves very little room on your phone for your stuff.
Q: What do you mean by "foreign"?
A: Anything other than English and Spainish.
Why was Dalvik-Cache moved back to the Data partition?
Gapps did not like it being on the SD-EXT partition and you would
get the "Optimizing app x of xx" with every boot up. NOTE: Dalvik does
get really big, you may run out of room in Data if you have a lot of
apps. NOTE 2: Apps are still in the SD-EXT partition, only Dalvik was
Q: Why did you change scripts?
A: The A2SD++ script is written better, which allowed me to put
Dalvik-Cache back on your SD-EXT partition without any issue. I did edit
out parts of the A2SD++ because there is no easy way to erase the
Apps-Private and Apps-Data info from the SD-EXT, so I wanted to keep the
info on the phones DATA partition. Keeping the old info when flashing a
new ROM creates issues, just like when you do a dirty flash. Also I
found the ZipAlign did not work as well as the one I was using, so I
removed that part of the code from the new script.
==== '''Resources''' ====
==== '''How Can You Help?''' ====
Donations to me are also welcomed.