We welcome you to the project.
We will include your results on the WorldFamilies.net project site. (However, as you weren’t tested at FTDNA, your results will not be included at the FTDNA site.) As we are to include you in the project, please read and follow these directions.
1. You must provide your Oldest Ancestor, plus birth year and place (or other identifying info only if you don’t know birth date/place):
2. Here is the FTDNA results framework for you to fill out your actual results.
A. If you were tested by FTDNA or National Genographic Project, go to National Genographic Project Pageto transfer your results to FDNA and/or go to your FTDNA Home page and join the project.
B. You will need to find each of your markers, as reported by your testing company and report the counts in the boxes below.
1. Sorenson Lab tests for several of the testing companies: Relative Genetics, DNA Heritage, Ancestry.com, SMGF.
2. Use these conversions for Sorenson Labs results provided after 8/23/07.
Subtract 11 from GATA H4
Subtract 1 from DYS441
Subtract 5 from DYS442
Subtract 19 from DYS452
Subtract 1 from DYS461
Subtract 2 from DYS463
Subtract 2 from GATA A10.
3. You will need to tell us the date of the report you are using, plus which company reported them as they changed the values of markers a number of times.
4. Note: if this gives you a negative number for DYS452, check the date of your results report
C.) If you were tested by GeneBase, we are sorry but we cannot accept your results, as we have not received the conversion data, despite many requests.
D.) If you were tested by any other testing company, ask them how to correlate their results to FTDNA or ask if we know the correlation.
5. Use the table below to report your Markers
3 Please read these notes:
a) If you were tested with 43/46 markers at RG, DNAH or DNAA, you won’t have results for 607, 576, 570 or CDY a/b. You will have all the rest.
b) Sometimes DYS394 is reported instead of 19 and CDYa/b may be reported as DYS724a/b
4. If you want to be tested at FTDNA and gain full privileges in their system;
· For those tested by RG, DNAH Ancestry, Oxford Ancestors or Gernebase they now have special pricing. Here is the link http://www.familytreedna.com/PDF/PROMO_GAP.pdf.
· For those tested by Other Companies go to http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join-request.aspx?group=I2* and click on Order Your Test Now! Bar. This will enable you to order the test at the Project Price and join the project at the same time.
Reasons for Retesting:
There are many testing companies offering DNA testing for genealogy these days. Many have beautifully done websites, but have little structure and few projects. If you tested at one of these companies with the lovely website, you probably were asking - "What now?" as soon as you received your results. And - then, you were told - "Join your surname project!". And - you probably found that your surname project is based at FTDNA.
Here is a summary we've compiled to answer "Why should I retest at FTDNA instead of simply providing my results to add to the project Results table":
· Only way to be in FTDNA’s internal database
Tested by Other than FTDNA report result and join project at http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/i2
Copy and paste the following to a word document, complete details, print and sign then email a scanned copy to me. Bob
Copy and paste to word document, complete details, print and sign then email a scanned copy to me. Bob