DISCONTINUED CITIZEN WATCHES. CITIZEN WATCHES

DISCONTINUED CITIZEN WATCHES. SALE ON WATCHES. COOL WATCH STRAPS.

Discontinued Citizen Watches


discontinued citizen watches
    citizen watches
  • is the core company of a Japanese global corporate group based in Tokyo, Japan. The company was originally founded as Shokosha Watch Research Institute in 1918 and is currently known as the manufacturer of CINCOM precision lathe machine tools as well as CITIZEN watches.
    discontinued
  • (discontinue) come to or be at an end; "the support from our sponsoring agency will discontinue after March 31"
  • stopped permanently or temporarily; "discontinued models"; "a discontinued magazine"; "a discontinued conversation"
  • (discontinue) put an end to a state or an activity; "Quit teasing your little brother"
  • (of a product) No longer available or produced

RF 0370 - Central Police Station : Spring Street: New Bedford
RF 0370 - Central Police Station : Spring Street: New Bedford
Built on a foundation which dates back more than a century, the New Bedford Police Department is the product of a growth developed over a span of years that began in the days when the city’s law enforcing agents were known as “watchmen.” Against a cost well below $10,000 in that far past era, the Police Department work has expanded to such an extent that costs for operation now amount to above $500,000 yearly. Until 1847 when New Bedford was incorporated as a city, law was enforced by what was regarded as the town police. Actually, these guardians of the peace were a few watchmen who were on duty only when wanted. This system had been in operation since 1824. When the city received its charter, this old method of policing was reorganized and the system of marshals and night watchmen was put into effect. The first marshal under this system was Timothy Ingraham. William O. Russell and Samuel Edwards served as assistant marshals. The first indication of the city’s growth and the need for more police protection was in 1852 when, with Jacob L. Porter serving as Marshal, additional men were appointed as assistant marshals. The next addition to the force came in 1853 when six day policemen were added to the ranks. Their salaries were from $500.00 to $1,000.00 annually. In the early days, headquarters of the department was in the Town House built to transact the town business and provide the residents with a place to meet. Site of the building was on South Second Street about where Central Station is now located. It was turned over to the police when the new town house (the free Public Library) was built. In 1857 the first district police station was built on South Water Street near Griffin Street and was Station #2. What was used as Station #4, a little log cabin on Williams Street above Purchase Street, was erected in 1857. These two Stations marked the northern and southern extremities of the city patrolled by the night watch. In the early days, blue was not the color of the policemen’s uniform. In fact, it was hard telling a policeman from an ordinary citizen. Unless the badge of the lawman was visible, you could tell him by his tall beaver hat that he wore. From 1847 to 1876 the system of marshals and night watchmen was in force. In 1876 however, the second reorganization of the department was effected. During the administration of Mayor Abraham H. Howland Jr., a bill was filed in the Legislature seeking the right to establish a Police Department in New Bedford. Permission was granted in 1876 to establish the city police department, and because of this the brass buttons on the police uniforms bear the date 1876. In 1877, the night and day shift was established in the Police department. The first Police Chief was Henry Hathaway, and his salary was $1,500. Patrolmen were paid $2.00 daily, and after the first year they were paid $2.50 daily. In 1889 the inspectors office was set up to carry out special investigations. In 1891 with Chief Daniel Butler’s supervision, the police signal system was effected. It was also under Chief Butler that the ambulance and patrol wagon was first used. Prior to that time, it was not uncommon to see a policeman pushing a drunk into Police Headquarters in a wheelbarrow, as the police had to stop a passing wagon in order to bring an arrested person into custody. The continued growth and duties of the department made it necessary to construct additional stations in the city. In 1892 a south end station was built on South Water Street and Blackmer Street and was called Station #2. In 1897, what served as Station #3 was built on the corner of Kempton and Cedar Streets in the west end. In 1911, the station at Weld Street was built and called Station #5. It was not until 1918 that the more modern central police station was built on Acushnet Avenue at Spring Street which now houses the city lockup cells and garage for the police department’s cars. During these growing years the liquor squad, which at one time consisted of 14 men and is today extinct, was a vital cog in the organization. Today such complaints are handled by the policemen on beats, the detective division, or a special investigating squad. Also in these days was introduced the fingerprint division which today has been fused with the photography division. Establishment of the traffic police was another phase of police work which had to be augmented to cope with growing demands for protection. It was then that the motorcycle division came into being with the first member being Patrolman Thomas Jenkins. Development of the radio cruiser cars, police school to assist department members filling out reports and to aid them in court appearances, as well as traffic safety instruction courses all have been introduced under recent chiefs. It was in 1932 that the first message was sent over Station WNBH to a radio equipped prowl car and on March 4, 1933, the first call went out from New Bedford Police Radio Station WPFN. On Dece
1932 Horch V-12 Type 670 Sports Cabriolet
1932 Horch V-12 Type 670 Sports Cabriolet
I have another Horch set, but learned a bit about Capture NX2 and Photoshop since doing those. This is a new series. Never Again! Horchwerke A.G. of Zwickau, Germany, produced exemplary automobiles that had style, luxury, power and comfort. Just look at this 1932 Horch V-12 Type 670 Sports Cabriolet, which was built for the infamous Joachim von Ribbentrop, Nazi Germany's unofficial diplomat in 1933. Although it was difficult to photograph this Horch at the Blackhawk Automotive Museum in Danville, Calif., the photos may give you an idea of what a Horch looked like. Next time I go, if it is still displayed, I will shoot it using different settings. Because he was such a Hitler sycophant, the maniacal mass murderer took a liking to Ribbentrop and eventually sent him to the United Kingdom as Nazi Germany's official ambassador to England. While in the United Kingdom, Ribbentrop demonstrated for the world to see, and to the horror of many English citizens, the fanatical nature of Nazism when he gave the Nazi salute to the king. In 1937, Ribbentrop became foreign minister and was one of the Nazis who engineered the militaristic ambitions of the Third Reich, including its alliance with the murderous thugs who ruled the Soviet Union. If you ever watch old World War II documentaries, you might see Ribbentrop or other Nazi high-ranking officials in a Horch or some other German luxury automobile that was most likely a 12-cylinder like this custom-built Horch. "Von Ribbentrop owned the car until it was commandeered by the British following the outbreak of World War II," according to information provided by Blackhawk It is a very rare car. "Only 73 of the V-12 Horch autos were produced in little more than two years, when the model was discontinued," Blackhawk notes. "This sport cabriolet is one of three known to exist." "The Horch was a celebrated German marque whose saga goes back to the earliest days of motorcar production," according Blackhawk. "Founder August Horch had worked with Karl Benz in Mannheim before a disagreement prompted him to form his own company in 1899. "In 1909, Horch had a falling out with his board of directors and departed to start yet another automobile company: Audi. Meanwhile, Paul Daimler had left Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft in Stuttgart and joined Horch in 1923. Under Paul Daimler's direction, Horch moved into the prestiege of Mercedes and Maybach. "In 1932, Horch merged with DKW, Wanderer, and Audi to form Auto Union." ENGINE V-12, L-head 3.149" bore, 3.937" stroke 367.9 cubic inch 120 hp. @ 3000 rpm. BODY/COACHBUILDER Glaser Karosserie Dresden, Germany

discontinued citizen watches
See also:
mio breeze heart rate monitor watch
watch tool academy
watch naruto free online in english
swiss watch international reviews
military issue watch
bulova watch bracelet
watch local tv live online
mens nixon watch
Comments