5th BMS Student Conference (22-24 February 2017)
The 5th BMS Student Conference
took place directly after the BMS Days, between 22-24 February 2017
at TU Berlin.
The talks of the contributing students and invited speakers were held in the mathematics building (Straße des 17. Juni 136, 10623 Berlin), in the room MA041.
Pictures, video recordings and materials of presentations from our conference will be published later (upon the permission of the corresponding speakers).
Our invited speakers were:
The program was the following:
|Time||Wednesday 22||Thursday 23||Friday 24|
|9:30 - 10:00||Registration||-----||----|
|10:00 - 10:25||Introduction|
(10:15 - 10:30)
|Registration (10:15 - 10:30)||Registration (10:15 -10:30)|
|10:30 - 10:55||Suleymanova||Kouřimská||Radojičić|
|11:00 - 11:25||Petersen||Tervooren||Elesaely|
|11:30 - 12:00||Coffee Break||Coffee Break||Coffee Break|
|12:00 - 12:25||Lagoda||Tonelli Cueto||Hensel|
|12:30 - 12:55||Blanco|
|13:00 - 14:30||Lunch||Lunch|
|14:30 - 14:55|
Invited Speaker (Altmann)
Invited Speaker (Komjáthy)
|15:00 - 15:25|
|15:30 - 16:00||Coffee Break||Coffee Break|
|16:00 - 16:25||Vermeeren||Gonzalez Grandón|
|16:30 - 16:55||Rothgang||Skrodzki|
|17:00 - 17:30|
Social Activity (17:15 - 21:45)
|17:30 - 18:30|
|18:30 - 21:45|
Wine&Cheese (18:30 - 23:45)
|21:45 - 23:45|
Conference booklet and abstracts of talks:
Click here (this is yet the version that contains the cancelled talks as well).
Social events at the Student Conference:
- On Wednesday 22 February, there was a Game Evening from 17:15 until 21:45 in the TU BMS Lounge (Straße des 17. Juni 136, 10623 Berlin, room 212).
- Our traditional Wine&Cheese evening took place on Thursday 23 February from 18:30 until 23:45 in the TU BMS Lounge (Straße des 17. Juni 136, 10623 Berlin, room 212)
Registration for BMS students and applicants was open until 10 February.
Some further practical information for our applicants participating the BMS Days:
- The TU math building is within cca. 350 m walking distance from the underground station U Ernst-Reuter-Platz (line U2) and in cca. 650 m walking distance from the city railway station S Tiergarten (lines S5, S7, S75).
- Room MA041 is in the ground floor (close to the first elevators you reach from the first entrance, turn left at the elevators and you will see the catering for our conference), MA212 is in the second floor (also at the same elevators).
- Lunches are self-covered. There are fast and cheap options at the cafeterias of TU Berlin. You will find more information about this in the conference booklet.
- Qianheng Chen (TU)
- Jan Hackfeld (TU)
- Lauri Loiskekoski (FU)
- Alexandra Munteanu (TU)
- András Tóbiás (TU)
If you have questions about the conference, please contact the organizers at bmsstudconf_at_gmail.com !