Congratulations to all BHSO Region Auditioners!
I'm so proud of all of you and know that you all represented Blythewood High School well!
This year's BHSO members of the Midlands Region Orchestra are:
- Erin Weitzel, Zaylee Butler, Rachel Reid, Nicole Welch, Sarah Fabrizio, Kalen Mattocks, Christian Aguilar, Rikki George, Julie Salinas, Trinity Howell, Zachary Butler, Katie Rowland.
- Alternates this year are : Max Lenker, Destiny Black, and Isis Mitchell
Rising Freshman-BHS "how to"
What kind of note is this?
click here for the answer
* all BHSO ! specific group
- Parents click HERE to report schedule conflicts
! Fri&Sat, Nov. 20&21
- Region Orchestra Clinic , INFORMATION ... boi!!!
- Irmo High School , map
- Bus to Irmo HS Friday only, provide your own transportation home Friday and all day Saturday.
! Sunday, November 29
- Town of Blythewood Christmas Tree Lighting
- Town Hall, Langford Rd near Doko Park!
- Short rehearsal at BHS, 3:00 to 4:00
- Carry stands and stuff to Town hall after
- arrive at 4:30 done at 6:30
- Attire is Yuletide Casual
- SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE , Chamber Orchestra
* Friday, December 11
- Holiday Wishes Assembly during school
- report to Gym at 8:35 am
- Attire is Yuletide Casual, last year's seating example by grade below
! January, all month
! Saturday, January 9
All State Orchestra Auditions, Times on email TBA
Lexington High School , map
- Omega Psi Phi Talent Competition
- PRIZE MONEY AWARDED!
- See Lt. Col. White for further details
! Fri-Sun, Feb 26-28
All State Orchestra Event
Dorman High School
* Thursday, March 3, BHS auditorium
Pre-Festival Concert , 6:30
* Friday, March 18
Concert Festival at Keenan High School , MAP
Check your emails for details
9th Grade, arrive at ????
Concert, arrive at ????
Chamber TRAVEL FORM to be updated
! March ???? at Westwood HS
Chamber Auditions for R2HS District Orchestra
! April 4 - 8
! April ?? , 6:30
Land/Knott Studio Recital
Rehearsal from 4 to 6 in the auditorium
! Friday May 6
- Solo/Ensemble, Longleaf Middle School
- arrive by 4:45, perform between 5:00 and 6:00 pm
* May ????, Gymnasium
Spring Concert , 6:30
Looking Back on 2015 2016
Check with students Sept 1 as to who MAY be interested in National Honor Society!
* Wednesday, Aug. 19 2015
- First Day of school! Welcome back
- Special NOTE: Freshmen violins/violas, if you used a school owned instrument in middle school, please procure a violin or viola from a store this summer. BHS does not have violins or violas to rent or borrow.
- Prepare for 1st semester seating audition
- Prepare for Region Auditions
- Freshmen Region $5 is due Friday, August 21, this week!
! Friday, August 28
! Sunday, September 13 SCPYO Auditions
- I highly encourage you to consider auditioning for the SCPYO. Click HERE to contact Judy Lawrence for audition information! Her info is there at the bottom of the page.
! Fri&Sat, Sept. 25 and 26
! Wednesday, Sept. 30
EARLY Region Orchestra Audition
Ashlyn, Julie, Destiny
Irmo High School, arrive by 5:45
! Saturday, Oct. 3
Region Orchestra Audition TIMES EMAILED
Crossroads Middle School , map
* Thursday, Oct. 29
BHS Fall Concert, 6:30 pm
* 1516 BHSO T-Shirts, $10 per shirt.
Painting Party, 9th graders only
3:45 until 5:30, have rides waiting
- Little Fiddles Elves Workshop
- painting party after school until 5:30
- Limited Space available! You must sign up to attend
- Sign up here, select ONLY ONE of the 2 days.
! December ???
- District Office Breakfast Chamber performance
- Spring Valley Country Club
- arrive at 7:00 am, done at 8:00 am
- stay there for breakfast.
- miss part of 1st period, excused until 9:00 am
- Sign up to play here