- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Salt and white pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound Arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (I subbed dried)
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes, or until the onions are slightly soft.
- Add the stock and garlic. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the rice and simmer for 18 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the mixture is creamy and bubbly.
- Add the butter, cream, cheese and chives. Re-season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes and serve immediately.