- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries. sliced
- butter, optional
- maple syrup, optional
- whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the milk, oil, egg and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix combined. Stir in the strawberries.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, and coat with butter or cooking spray. Pour batter onto surface, forming pancakes.
- Flip with a spatula when bubbles appear in the center. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with syrup or whipped cream.