- 1/2 pound linguini, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound frozen pre-cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 tablespoons Vermouth wine (I subbed white wine)
- 6 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (or canned)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste if desired
- One large lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
Set shrimp aside in a bowl to thaw while you prepare all of the ingredients. To speed thawing you can rinse in warm water.
Juice half of the lemon, reserving the other half to garnish the plate. Prepare the pasta according to package instructions so it is ready when you need it.
Measure the butter and olive oil into a large saute pan over medium heat. When butter has melted, swirl to combine with the oil.
Add the shallots to the pan and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes. Then, add the garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant and the shallots are tender and translucent.
Next, add the shrimp, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 3-5 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the wine and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Stir the artichoke hearts sun-dried tomatoes into the shrimp mixture. Cook until heated through. Stir in the lemon juice and half of the parsley.
Add the hot pasta to the pan, stir until evenly distributed. Taste for seasonings and adjust salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serve topped freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a wedge of lemon.