- boneless skinless chicken breast
- basil pesto
- sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tortilla per quesadilla
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- Smother breasts with basil pesto mixture. Let sit overnight, or at least 2 hours. (I used pesto that I made in September and froze. You can obviously use pre-made.)
- Let’s clarify. Smother CHICKEN breasts with pesto.
- Cook chicken breasts however you please: grill, bake, etc. Once cooked, shred or chop into small pieces.
- Spread one side of one quesadilla with pesto. Add cheese, chicken, tomatoes, and then top with more cheese.
- Place ‘dilla on griddler or saute in pan. Top with other quesadilla.
- Cook until browned on the outside and melty on the inside.