Makes about 30 biscotti
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, peanut butter and sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until fluffy and smooth, 1-2 minutes. Blend in the vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed between additions.
- With the mixer on low speed, blend in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks until evenly distributed.
- Divide the dough in half. Shape into logs on the prepared baking sheet, about 11- by 3-inches in size, spacing at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven while maintaining the oven temperature. Let the logs cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice the logs diagonally into slices about ½- to ¾-inch thick. Lay the slices, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until the slices are slightly crisp, about 20-30 minutes more.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.