Inspired by What’s Gaby Cooking
- 1 C couscous (I like Trader Joe’s whole
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1/4 C cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, sliced, for serving (optional)
- salsa, for serving (optional)
Cook the couscous according to the
package directions. Set aside to cool.
In a bowl combine the peppers, beans,
scallions, cilantro, and lime juice. Mix well.
Add the couscous to the mixture and
toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Before serving, add sliced avocado, if
Top with a healthy dose of salsa and
mix, if desired.