Adapted from Giada DeLaurentiis & Cooking Light
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 C mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 jar tomato sauce (or favorite homemade
- 1 lb lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and
- 1 (16-oz.) container 2% ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 C mozzarella cheese (I used half regular, half
- salt & pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375
In a pan over medium-low heat, add
olive oil and sauté onion and mushrooms until tender. Add garlic and sauté for
Add turkey, and cook, stirring
occasionally, until cooked through.
Add tomato sauce to the turkey. Bring
to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer on low for about 30 minutes, stirring
Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles until
al dente. Set aside.
Stir together ricotta cheese, eggs,
parmesan cheese, 3 C mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach. Set
Cover the bottom of a lightly greased
13x9 baking dish with meat sauce.
Arrange a layer of noodles over meat sauce; top with cheese and spinach mixture. Add
another layer of noodles, meat, and cheese.
Top with one last layer of noodles,
and sprinkle the top with remaining 1 C of mozzarella cheese.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 45-50
minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until cheese is golden.
Let lasagna stand 15 minutes before
Garnish with parsley, if