Adapted from Alton Brown
Prep Time: 30 minutes, Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yields 8 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 C chopped leeks, white part only
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- kosher salt
- 2 C carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 2.5 cans of diced peeled, tomatoes (14.5 oz
- 2 C frozen corn kernels
- 2 C frozen green beans
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 C packed, chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil in a stockpot over medium-low
heat. Add leeks, garlic, and a pinch of salt and sweat until softened.
- Add carrots and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more
minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, increasing heat to high. Bring to a
simmer. Once simmering, add tomatoes, corn, green beans, and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the
vegetables are fork tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the parsley and lemon
juice. Season, to taste, with kosher salt. Serve immediately.