- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 lbs chicken thighs (or a combination of thighs and drumsticks)
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic and pepper together in a large skillet or dutch oven. The skillet should be large enough to accommodate the chicken in a single layer. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and reduce the heat to medium lo. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Broil or grill the chicken 3 to 4 inches from heat source, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, increase heat on the sauce in the pan until it boils vigorously. Cook until reduced to about 1 cup.
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over. Pass any remaining sauce around at the table.