Recipe from What's For Lunch, Honey?
100g butter, softened
100g goji berries
120g whole wheat flour
1-2 teaspoons baking powder
150g granola, homemade or store bought
200g apples, grated and drizzled with 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Line a muffin form with paper forms or
pieces of baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk honey and softened butter with an electric whisk until
creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time making sure each one has been nicely
incorporated before adding the next one.
- Mix flour, baking powder, goji berries and granola together and then add to
the egg-mixture. Using a rubber spatula fold in the dry ingredients.
- Add the grated apples and incorporate, then pour the batter into the muffin
forms. If some of the goji berries are sticking out gently poke them into the
batter so they are covered. They burn easily. Bake in the oven for approx. 30-35
minutes until nice and golden. Alternatively stick a wooden toothpick into the
center of a muffin and if it comes out clean the muffins are ready.
- Serve these muffins warm with some butter and a dollop of my caramelized quince jam.
Food Guide Tips:
- Superfoods: Goji berries
- Make your own homemade low-sugar granola