Roman shades 26 - Bamboo rollup shades - Bed canopy rods.
Roman Shades 26
- (Roman shade) A flat fabric shade that folds into neat horizontal pleats when raised.
- (Roman Shade) A single sheet shade that rises up by lift cord in a tear drop or flat style that looks like an accordion folding up back and forth on itself. Reminds me of an opera house window treatment swag. Part of our Melhanna Shade collection.
- (Roman Shade) This window treatment style consists of a fabric shade with wooden slats inserted horizontally at intervals down its entire length. It is raised and lowered via pull cord as with other blinds, but gathers soft folds as it does so.
- twenty-six: the cardinal number that is the sum of twenty-five and one
- Year 26 (XXVI) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- 26 (also written as 26 (The Band) and 26(Twenty Six)) is an Australian musical outfit founded in 2004 by friends Nick O'Donnell (lead vocals/guitar) and Drew Fellows (keyboardist/vocals) who later recruited Ross Duckworth (bass/vocals) and Iain Wilson (drums/vocals).
roman shades 26 - Tuscany Bamboo
Tuscany Bamboo Roman Shade - Free Shipping, 26x54
Our beautiful Roman-style Bamboo shades can only be described as the sensible choice. Noted for their rich textures and beautiful colors they also help protect your home against penetrating heat and Winter air. Note: For inside mount, please order a shade that is smaller than the width of your window so that it fits inside your window or does not rub against the sides. It should be at least 1/4 of an inch smaller to ensure a proper fit. Not for outdoor use, it will mold in high humidity environment. Each shade comes with a Retro-fit kit recommended by the CPSC. This kit enables the removal of operating cords. For more information on Roman Shade safety go to windowcoverings.org.
Fontana di Trevi - Roma - Italia
Portuguese version: A Fontana di Trevi (Fonte dos trevos, em portugues) e a maior (cerca de 26 metros de altura e 20 metros de largura) e mais ambiciosa construcao de fontes barrocas da Italia e esta localizada na rione Trevi, em Roma. Fontana di Trevi (Roma) A fonte situava-se no cruzamento de tres estradas (tre vie), marcando o ponto final do Acqua Vergine, um dos mais antigos aquedutos que abasteciam a cidade de Roma. No ano 19 a.C., supostamente ajudados por uma virgem, tecnicos romanos localizaram uma fonte de agua pura a pouco mais de 22 quilometros da cidade (cena representada em escultura na propria fonte, atualmente). A agua desta fonte foi levada pelo menor aqueduto de Roma, diretamente para os banheiros de Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa e serviu a cidade por mais de 400 anos. O "golpe de misericordia" desferido pelos invasores godos em Roma foi dado com a destruicao dos aquedutos, durante as Guerras Goticas. Os romanos durante a Idade Media tinham de abastecer-se da agua de pocos poluidos, e da pouco limpida agua do rio Tibre, que tambem recebia os esgotos da cidade. O antigo costume romano de erguer uma bela fonte ao final de um aqueduto que conduzia a agua para a cidade foi reavivado no seculo XV, com a Renascenca. Em 1453, o Papa Nicolau V, determinou que fosse consertado o aqueduto de Acqua Vergine, construindo ao seu final um simples receptaculo para receber a agua, num projeto feito pelo arquiteto humanista Leon Battista Alberti. A fonte atualmente Fontana di Trevi com turistas. Em 1629, o Papa Urbano VIII achou que a velha fonte era insuficientemente dramatica e encomendou a Bernini alguns desenhos, mas quando o Papa faleceu o projeto foi abandonado. A ultima contribuicao de Bernini foi reposicionar a fonte para o outro lado da praca a fim de que esta ficasse defronte ao Palacio do Quirinal (assim o Papa poderia ve-la e admira-la de sua janela). Ainda que o projeto de Bernini tenha sido abandonado, existem na fonte muitos detalhes de sua ideia original. Reformas Muitas competicoes entre artistas e arquitetos tiveram lugar durante o Renascimento e o periodo Barroco para se redesenhar os edificios, as fontes, e ate mesmo a Scalinata di Piazza di Spagna (as escadarias da Praca de Espanha). Em 1730, o Papa Clemente XII organizou uma nova competicao na qual Nicola Salvi foi derrotado, mas efetivamente terminou por realizar seu projeto. Este comecou em 1732 e foi concluido em 1762, logo depois da morte de Clemente, quando o Netuno de Pietro Bracci foi afixado no nicho central da fonte. Salvi morrera alguns anos antes, em 1751, com seu trabalho ainda pela metade, que manteve oculto por um grande biombo. A fonte foi concluida por Giuseppe Pannini, que substituiu as alegorias insossas que eram planejadas, representando Agrippa e Trivia, as virgens romanas, pelas belas esculturas de Netuno e seu sequito. Restauro A fonte foi restaurada em 1998; as esculturas foram limpas e polidas, e a fonte foi provida de bombas para circulacao da agua e sua oxigenacao. A fontana de Trevi e o cinema Em 1964, foi lancado o filme que leva seu nome Fontana di Trevi - filmado pelo diretor Carlo Campogalliani. O monumento foi o cenario de uma das cenas mais famosas do cinema italiano: em La Dolce Vita de Federico Fellini, Anita Ekberg entra na agua e convida Marcello Mastroianni a fazer o mesmo. Precedentemente, a fonte foi o cenario do filme estadunidense Three coins in the fontain, onde a fonte do titulo e a propria Fontana dei Trevi. Em Tototruffa 62, Toto tenta vender a fonte a um turista. A fonte aparece como fundo principal no videoclip da cancao Thank You for Loving Me do grupo Bon Jovi. English version: The Trevi Fountain (Italian: Fontana di Trevi) is a fountain in the Trevi rione in Rome, Italy. Standing 26 metres (85.3 feet) high and 20 metres (65.6 feet) wide, it is the largest Baroque fountain in the city and one of the most famous fountains in the world. Trevi Fountain at night The fountain at the junction of three roads (tre vie) marks the terminal point of the "modern" Acqua Vergine, the revived Aqua Virgo, one of the ancient aqueducts that supplied water to ancient Rome. In 19 BC, supposedly with the help of a virgin, Roman technicians located a source of pure water some 13 km (8 miles) from the city. (This scene is presented on the present fountain's facade.) However, the eventual indirect route of the aqueduct made its length some 22 km (14 miles). This Aqua Virgo led the water into the Baths of Agrippa. It served Rome for more than four hundred years. The coup de grace for the urban life of late classical Rome came when the Goth besiegers in 537/38 broke the aqueducts. Medieval Romans were reduced to drawing water from polluted wells and the Tiber River, which was also used as a sewer. The Roman custom of building a handsome fountain at the endpoint of an aqueduct that brought water to Rome was revived in the 15th century, with the Renaissance. In 1453, Pope Nicholas V fi
Al-Shari` al-Mustaqim, (Street called Straight), Damascus ca. 1900
The Damascus Straight Street, Arabic: Al-Shari` al-Mustaqim) is the Roman street (Decumanus Maximus) that runs from east to west in the old city of Damascus, Syria. It was visited by St. Paul as recorded in the book of Acts and contains several interesting sights from the Roman, Christian and Islamic periods. Under the Greeks, the old city of Damascus was laid out after the grid pattern designed by Hippodamus. The Roman street, extending 1500 meters, used to be lined with columns and had gates on both ends, houses and shops on both sides. These columns can still be seen today. Today it consists of two main streets in old Damascus; the Avenue of Bab Sharqi and Medhat Pasha Souq, a major Damascus market, named after Midhat Pasha, the Ottoman governor of Damascus who renovated it and ordered its coverage with a lead-shade.This street, when drawn with a straight line is connected straight to the main doors of the catholic capital, The Vatican City. Straight Street is mentioned in the story of Paul's conversion to Christianity in Acts 9. God speaks to Ananias in a vision, and tells him to go to the Damascus Straight Street. At the house of Judas, he was to look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, as Paul was then known. Ananias is hesitant but goes anyway. After Ananias lays hands on Saul, his eyesight is restored and he is baptized. Description The east end of Straight Street is at Bab Sharqi, the Roman gate of the Sun. Like other monumental gates, it has a large central arch for horse-drawn vehicles and two smaller arches on either side for pedestrians. There is a minaret above the northern arch, which was built at the time of Nur ad-Din Zangi, in the 13th century. Entering the city from the east through the Bab Sharqi, one can still see the remains of a double colonnade that used to line the entire length of the street. In Roman times, Straight Street was 26 meters wide and 1,570 meters long, lined on both sides with covered porticos containing shops. The present road follows the same line, starting at Bab Sharqi in the East, crossing the whole width of the ancient city of Damascus, and coming out at the end of Suq Madhat Pasha, 20 meters to the North of Bab al-Jabiya on the western side. The present road is narrower than the ancient one, and about 4 meters above its original level. Almost 700 meters to the west of Bab Sharqi is a Roman monumental arch that was excavated and rebuilt in 1947 by the Syrian Department of Antiquities. It is here that the intersection of Straight Street and the north-south cardo maximus has been located. On the right-hand side in ancient times stood a Byzantine church dedicated to the Virgin Mary and called Mariamyeh. Today, on the same site, stands a church which serves as the Seat of the Greek-Orthodox Patriarchate. The eastern section of the street from the Bab Sharqi gate to the monumental arch is called Sharee al Mustaqueem, which is the Arabic word for 'straight', but it is also known as the Suq et-Tawil, which means 'the long market'. After the arch and all the way to the western end, the street is called Suq Madhat Pasha, and is lined with shops selling textiles, cotton, domestic articles, spices, imported objects and other interesting items. It forms a part of the large commercial complex of Al-Hamidiyah Souk. About 450 metres from the western entrance of Madhat Pasha Street, in a stretch covered with a large metal dome, is a small mosque with a balcony in the form of a pulpit that serves as a minaret, called Jakmak or Sheikh Nabhan Mosque. It is here that the Christian tradition locates the house of Judas, the place where Saul remained for three days without eating or drinking and was baptized at the hands of Ananias (Acts 9:9). The Christians of Damascus say the mosque was built over the ruins of an ancient church that commemorated the episode narrated in the Acts of Apostles. Today, the nearby House of Saint Ananias commemorates the event. At the west end of Straight Street is the Arab Gate of the Water Trough, Bab al-Jabiya. This is where the Roman Temple of Jupiter once stood. The Mosque of Hisham (built in 1427), with fine stalactite design, is a bit further on. It is believed that the theater built by Herod the Great in the 1st century BC was in this area. Also nearby is Chapel of St. Paul, said to be where St. Paul fled by being dropped in a basket through a window in the wall.
roman shades 26
0215488 Size: 72" H x 26.5" W Inviting relaxation and soothing cool breezes into your home, these natural shades of alternating bamboo slats and premium matchsticks, add a casual elegance to any decor. Softly filtering just the perfect amount of light while providing the privacy you seek, these shades have been designed in the classic Roman design and offer endless decorating options. Features: -Roman shade. -Cocoa color. -Available in multiple sizes. -Made of hand selected bamboo. -Each shade measures '' less in width to allow for inside mount installation. -6'' built-in valance completes the elegance of this lush shade. -Light filtering provides privacy and energy-efficient insulation qualities. -Easily installed in minutes with all necessary hardware included.