Congratulations to Blackhawk for being one of the schools identified as "Best Communities for Music Education" by the NAMM Foundation!
Check out our upcoming events below and our next monthly meeting!
We are here to support the musical activities of our students in Blackhawk School District. We meet monthly and welcome parents of the students from 5th grade to 12th grade to join our meeting. The next meeting will be held at 7:30P.M. on Tuesday, April 30th in the band room of the High School. There will be elections that night. Please refer the Meeting Minutes link on the left side for items discussed at the last meeting.
We are always welcoming volunteers to help with our events and fundraising! Please reach out to Band Boosters through firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting a board member.
Upcoming Events and Fundraising
Details on these can also be found in the Meeting Minutes documents on the Meeting Minutes page.
- Ongoing Candy Bar Sale-Open to ALL band students. Students pay up front $30 for a bag of 30 candy bars with $15 going directly into the student's band account.
- Ongoing- Madam Mozzell Boutique and Salon, Inc. has opened for business in Chippewa. They are offering $5.00 to each student's account when a coupon is used for scheduling a service. You must put your child's name on the flyer when providing it to her business to receive credit. This is a great way to try a new business and keep saving for your child's band account. Here is the link for accessing the flyer Madam Mozzell Flyer
- 4/6/15 to 4/12/15- Florida Trip- Final rehearsal for the Florida trip will be 4/6/2015. The band will board a bus on 4/7/2015. The students will be performing at Walt Disney World on Saturday, April 11th, 2015. Refer to the Band site for updates to detail of the trip and rehearsal dates. The kids will be involved in an Instrumental Workshop and Colorguard Workshop while visiting Disney and they will spend a couple of days in the Walt Disney World Park (a day at Magic Kingdom, 1/2 day Animal Kingdom, 1/2 EPCOT, a day at Disney Hollywood Studios). Students should bring they luggage to the 4/6/15 rehearsal to save time boarding the bus.
- 4/18/15- Paddle Party at Chippewa Fire Hall
- 4/25/15- Come to the high school to help clean out the bays so the stage crews an work on next year's musical.
- 5/2/15 - Band Banquet for the seniors that will be leaving us in June.
- 5/23/15- Indoor Yardsale
- 6/20/15- DCI (Drum Core International) trip to Akron. $20.00 per ticket. Not sure what this is.. Ask! We will be glad to help show you past shows. Excellent opportunity to get together and watch an exciting competition! Check out some of the world class corps on the left side of this site. http://www.dci.org/corps/
- 7/15- Fireman's Carnival- The students will be marching with the new members of the band. We also have a booth to sell food that provides funding back to the Band Booster organization for the upcoming school year.
- 7/25/15- Second Annual Car Cruise- Summer days gives a great reason to get together and show everyone beautiful cars! Come to the Blackhawk High School from noon to 5pm.
- 8/1/15- Help support the BCCI (Blackhawk Cougar Chippewa Indians) with their fundraiser that could help us!
- 11/11/15-11/14/15- Bands of America Grand Nationals will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our application is submitted to join this great event. It will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium and the band will compete with other best high school marching bands across the country. You can locate more information on the event by going to www.musicforall.org.
* Locating the Students' Musical Events
Check out the latest pictures and information on the events. Proud parents help contribute the pictures.
* Band Booster Information
- Full Membership is open to all parents/guardians of band students in grade 5 through 12
- Associate Membership is open to ALL adults who wish to support the Blackhawk Band
- More information can be found by clicking Band Booster Board and Committees on the side bar menu