Upcoming Events and Fundraising
Details on these can also be found in the Meeting Minutes documents on the Meeting Minutes page.
- Summer!!! Time to get ready for the new themes for this year's Competition and Football Band Shows!
- Competition will be performing music from Genesis
- Football will be performing music from Donnie Iris
- 7/27/15- 7/31/15- Band Camp I !! Time to get ready for learn or refresh your memory with the following:
- How to march and gate turns
- What are dot books (Index Card Book) and how to protect your music (Plastic based notebook with sheet/page protectors)
- Learn about Dinkle Shoes (buy black socks)
- Get to know the other band members and section leaders
- What is Medusa? Learning how to not to be distracted.
- How to memorize music since we don't read music while performing
- Get your band T-shirt. You may to order extra for you and parents. We use them A LOT!
- Snacks to keep up your energy
- Picture Day will be July 30th!- Every student needs to be in uniform to get a group band picture along with individual pictures.
- 8/1/15- Help support the BCCI (Blackhawk Cougar Chippewa Indians) with their fundraiser that could help us!
- 8/3/15- 8/7/15- Band Camp II !! Another week of having fun while working on learning how to be a band for the next year.
- 8/8/15- Band Car Wash- Advanced Auto Parts from 10am to 2pm. See Katie Morano for any interest in helping in the carwash.
- 11/7/15- Fall Craft Show at the Blackhawk High School
- 11/11/15-11/14/15- Bands of America Grand Nationals will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our application is submitted to join this great event. It will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium and the band will compete with other best high school marching bands across the country. You can locate more information on the event by going to www.musicforall.org.
* Locating the Students' Musical Events
Congratulations to Blackhawk for being one of the schools identified as "Best Communities for Music Education" by the NAMM Foundation!
Check out the latest pictures and information on the events. Proud parents help contribute the pictures.
* Band Booster Information
- Full Membership is open to all parents/guardians of band students in grade 5 through 12
- Associate Membership is open to ALL adults who wish to support the Blackhawk Band
- More information can be found by clicking Band Booster Board and Committees on the side bar menu