Check out our upcoming events below and our next monthly meeting!
CHANGE IN SCHEDULE FOR MEETING!
The meeting date change is to help support the BCCI organization. Please see the posting below for 5/27/15.
We are here to support the musical activities of our students in Blackhawk School District. We meet monthly and welcome parents of the students from 5th grade to 12th grade to join our meeting. The next meeting will be held at 7:30 P.M. on Tuesday, June 2nd in the band room of the High School. There will be an Executive Board meeting at 6:30 P.M. and the new board will be sworn in.
We are always welcoming volunteers to help with our events and fundraising! Please reach out to Band Boosters through email@example.com or contacting a board member.
Upcoming Events and Fundraising
Details on these can also be found in the Meeting Minutes documents on the Meeting Minutes page.
- Ongoing Candy Bar Sale-Open to ALL band students. Students pay up front $30 for a bag of 30 candy bars with $15 going directly into the student's band account.
- Ongoing- Madam Mozzell Boutique and Salon, Inc. has opened for business in Chippewa. They are offering $5.00 to each student's account when a coupon is used for scheduling a service. You must put your child's name on the flyer when providing it to her business to receive credit. This is a great way to try a new business and keep saving for your child's band account. Here is the link for accessing the flyer Madam Mozzell Flyer
- 5/26/15- Come listen to the High School Concert that starts at 7:30pm to hear some great music and learn about this year's show for Football Band and Competition Band.
- 5/27/15- CALLING FOR HELP! Come help support the BCCI that also helps our organization by stuffing envelopes with tickets. There are 6000 tickets to stuff. The volunteer event will start at 7:00 pm in the basement of the 19th Hole.
- 6/20/15- DCI (Drum Core International) trip to Akron. Excellent opportunity to get together and watch an exciting competition! Check out some of the world class corps on the left side of this site. http://www.dci.org/corps/
- 7/15- Fireman's Carnival- The students will be marching with the new members of the band. We also have a booth to sell food that provides funding back to the Band Booster organization for the upcoming school year.
- 7/25/15- Second Annual Car Cruise- Summer days gives a great reason to get together and show everyone beautiful cars! Come to the Blackhawk High School from noon to 5pm.
- 7/27/15- 7/31/15- Band Camp I !! Time to get ready for learn or refresh your memory with the following:
- How to march
- What are dot books and how to protect your music
- Get to know the other band members
- How to memorize music
- 8/1/15- Help support the BCCI (Blackhawk Cougar Chippewa Indians) with their fundraiser that could help us!
- 8/3/15- 8/7/15- Band Camp II !! Another week of having fun while working on learning how to be a band for the next year.
- 11/7/15- Fall Craft Show at the Blackhawk High School
- 11/11/15-11/14/15- Bands of America Grand Nationals will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our application is submitted to join this great event. It will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium and the band will compete with other best high school marching bands across the country. You can locate more information on the event by going to www.musicforall.org.
* Locating the Students' Musical Events
Congratulations to Blackhawk for being one of the schools identified as "Best Communities for Music Education" by the NAMM Foundation!
Check out the latest pictures and information on the events. Proud parents help contribute the pictures.
* Band Booster Information
- Full Membership is open to all parents/guardians of band students in grade 5 through 12
- Associate Membership is open to ALL adults who wish to support the Blackhawk Band
- More information can be found by clicking Band Booster Board and Committees on the side bar menu