Check out our upcoming events below and our next monthly meeting!
We are here to support the musical activities of our students in Blackhawk School District. We meet monthly and welcome parents of the students from 5th grade to 12th grade to join our meeting. The next meeting will be held at 7:30pm on February 24th in the band room of the High School. Please refer the Meeting Minutes link on the left side for items discussed at the last meeting.
We are always welcoming volunteers to help with our events and fundraising! Please reach out to Band Boosters through email@example.com or contacting a board member.
Calling for all Creative Students!
Looking for a design for a new Logo for Blackhawk School District!!
Blackhawk School District will be launching a new website for the 2015-16 school year. As part of the redesign of the website we will be developing a new logo. Blackhawk School District would like as much student participation as possible so they are holding a STUDENT LOGO CONTEST with a $100 PRIZE for the chosen concept. Here is the information for the logo contest : Logo Contest Flyer
Upcoming Events and Fundraising
Details on these can also be found in the Meeting Minutes documents on the Meeting Minutes page.
- Ongoing Candy Bar Sale-Open to ALL band students. Students pay up front $30 for a bag of 30 candy bars with $15 going directly into the student's band account.
- Ongoing- Madam Mozzell Boutique and Salon, Inc. has opened for business in Chippewa. They are offering $5.00 to each student's account when a coupon is used for scheduling a service. You must put your child's name on the flyer when providing it to her business to receive credit. This is a great way to try a new business and keep saving for your child's band account. Here is the link for accessing the flyer Madam Mozzell Flyer
2/21/15- Cancelled due to weather!- Paddle Party at Chippewa Fire Hall
3/10/15- This is rescheduled from 2/19/15 (weather)- All District Band Concert at the High School. Report time is 6:45 and concert time is 7:30. Band Boosters would like to hold a punch and cookie reception.
- 3/14/15- Three Rivers Winter Ensemble Association (TRWEA) Event- Huge Indoor Competition Musical Event that will be held at Blackhawk High School. The doors will open at 3:30pm and the spectators will be able to enter the gymnasium at 4:30pm. There are currently 11 groups (mix of percussion and Winter Guard) that will be performing between 5:30 to 7:45pm. The day will end with an awards ceremony. More details provided in the December minutes. Please contact Renée Bosworth ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you can help with the event.
- Chairpersons are as following:
- Unit Entrance Organizer- Mr Galbreath
- Unit Guides- Lucinda and Tina
- Equipment Entrance- Truck Dads
- Kitchen- MK Brown with assistance from Cheri Fleischman
- Spectator Entrance/Ticket Sales- Janis Wojdylak
- Candy Grams and Wooden Roses- Katie Moreno
- Awards- Melinda Imbriale
- Parking Organizer/ Exterior Greeter- Needing an Adult(s)
- Staging Areas Organizers (Hub, Warm up, 2+ Equipment entrance areas)-Needing an Adult(s)
- Music Hallway Organizer- Needing an Adult
We need students to help with doing running for various areas! Please contact the Band Boosters to let them know you can help.
- 3/21/15- Craft Show form is now available!- Located under the Forms tab on the left side or select the following link: Craft Show Application Form
- 4/6/15 to 4/12/15- Florida Trip- Final rehearsals for the Florida trip will be 3/30/2015 and 4/6/2015. The band will board a bus on 4/7/2015. The students will be performing at Walt Disney World on Saturday, April 11th, 2015. Refer to the Band site for updates to detail of the trip and rehearsal dates. The kids will be involved in an Instrumental Workshop and Colorguard Workshop while visiting Disney and they will spend a couple of days in the Walt Disney World Park (a day at Magic Kingdom, 1/2 day Animal Kingdom, 1/2 EPCOT, a day at Disney Hollywood Studios). Students should bring they luggage to the 4/6/15 rehearsal to save time boarding the bus.
- 5/2/15 - Band Banquet for the seniors that will be leaving us in June.
- 6/20/15- DCI (Drum Core International) trip to Akron. $20.00 per ticket. Not sure what this is.. Ask! We will be glad to help show you past shows. Excellent opportunity to get together and watch an exciting competition! Check out some of the world class corps on the left side of this site. http://www.dci.org/corps/
- 7/15- Fireman's Carnival- The students will be marching with the new members of the band. We also have a booth to sell food that provides funding back to the Band Booster organization for the upcoming school year.
- 7/25/15- Second Annual Car Cruise- Summer days gives a great reason to get together and show everyone beautiful cars! Come to the Blackhawk High School from noon to 5pm.
- 11/11/15-11/14/15- Bands of America Grand Nationals will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our application is submitted to join this great event. It will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium and the band will compete with other best high school marching bands across the country. You can locate more information on the event by going to www.musicforall.org.
* Locating the Students' Musical Events
Check out the latest pictures and information on the events. Proud parents help contribute the pictures.
* Band Booster Information
- Full Membership is open to all parents/guardians of band students in grade 5 through 12
- Associate Membership is open to ALL adults who wish to support the Blackhawk Band
- More information can be found by clicking Band Booster Board and Committees on the side bar menu