Faculty and students can access NBC LEARN directly from any campus computer at:http://highered.nbclearn.com If you register, you can view your account from any computer (even from off campus).
Faculty can also add NBC Learn Videos into their Blackboard courses. Learn how here: Using NBC Videos in Blackboard 9.1
Play Videos in your Classroom: You can download videos and save them to your computer, or use them in PowerPoint. This enables you to use the videos even if you do not have an internet connection. When downloading videos you will need to install player software on your computer -- you will need administrative privileges on your computer to do so.
Download and Embed a Video in a Power Point Presentation (pdf)
Download and Embed a Video into Power Point , Tutorial (video)
Video tutorial: This video provides a general overview of the video collection and how to create a personal playlist.
In NBC LEARN, you will have access to:
- Over 10,000 primary source videos, documents, letters, and images
- Current events videos updated daily
- Resources for Sciences, Arts & Humanities, Careers, Business and more
- Historic news broadcasts and newsreels from the 1930’s – Present
- Full transcripts, bibliographic citations, and closed captioning
- Rights and Copyright cleared for classroom and online use
- Easy-to-use search and browse interface
- Flipable Cue Card Media player