This was our first and ill-fated attempt at making a video output module. at first it used an atmega32
microcontroller, but we switched it over to an atmega168 when we tried a different approach. All this
was able to produce was a barely visible, flickering smiley face the size of the whole screen.
This is our initial setup with the Arduino and ezVid module. This is just to get started.
A closer look at our initial setup with the Arduino and ezVid module.
This the improved and slightly more permanent setup with the arduino and ezVid module. It is
made of 3 layers of cardboard taped and glued together with the components screwed on top.
We were having issues with the wires coming undone and things getting tangled, so this is
much cleaner to work with.
The first hello world message that got written to the screen in one piece.
Another hello world message that takes advantage of the more robust code that prevents
dropped commands and also all the colors that our module is capable of producing.