Title: Baby Boy Declared Dead By Doctors, Found To Be Alive
Date: May 11, 2012
Source: IBN Live

Abstract: A newborn baby boy who was declared dead by a doctor at the district hospital immediately after the birth, was found to be alive when being taken for burial today by the family members, sources said. Following the incident, a probe has been ordered by Balaghat District's Chief Medical and Health Officer (CMHO). One Triveni Nagvanshi gave birth to a baby boy late last night. However, after some time, a lady doctor declared the baby as dead. Today, when Triveni's husband and other relatives took the infant for burial, they realised that the baby was still alive. Following this, they brought him back to the hospital, where doctors conducted an examination and said that the boy was completely healthy. The in-charge of CMHO, Dr Sanjay Dabaddhova said that a probe is being carried out into the incident and action will be taken against those responsible for it (IBN Live, 2012).

Title: ‘Dead' Crash Victim Daniel Huf Leaves Hospital
Date: May 11, 2012
Herald Sun

Abstract: CAR crash victim Daniel Huf, who was wrongly declared dead by paramedics, has taken a giant step forward in his miracle recovery, leaving hospital yesterday.

Paramedics pronounced Mr Huf, 30, dead in the wreckage of his Porsche on April 1 at Bacchus Marsh.

But 25 minutes later they were called back when SES volunteers discovered the Hawthorn man had a weak pulse when they cut him from the car.

Daniel still has a long way to go in his recovery but his family paid tribute to those who saved him.

"We know that it is a miracle that Daniel can walk, read, speak some recognisable words, write logical messages and recognise his visitors," dad Colin Huf said.

"He is able to perform some basic life skills of helping to shower and dress himself."

The family thanked relatives and church friends for praying for Mr Huf.

"God has truly embraced Daniel and sustained his life at a time when the normal signs of life were not detectable immediately after his accident," his dad said.

The family acknowledged that the two paramedics who attended the accident performed very special lifesaving treatment on Mr Huf as the ambulance took him to Royal Melbourne Hospital.

Mr Huf needs further surgery on his mouth and face, and will get specialist help for swallowing, food intake and speech.

"This is an exciting next stage for Daniel and we are confident God will continue to work through the medical staff, to heal Daniel, so he will be able to live a near to normal life," his father said.

Royal Melbourne intensive care unit deputy director Assoc Prof Chris MacIsaac said staff had grave concerns for Mr Huf when he arrived.

"He made remarkable progress during his ICU stay ... watching a patient progress from life support to discharge is very rewarding" (Herald Sun, 2012)

Title: 'Dead' Man Wakes Up At Funeral That Becomes Celebration
Date: May 12, 2012

Abstract: The funeral of a 28 year-old waiter in southern Egypt turned into a celebration when he woke up after being declared dead. 

Hospital officials had pronounced dead Hamdi Hafez al-Nubi, who came from the village of Naga al-Simman in the southern province of Luxor, after he suffered a heart attack while working.

His family says grieving relatives took him home and, according to Islamic tradition, washed his body and prepared him for burial Friday evening.

A doctor sent to sign the death certificate found it strange that his body was warm. At closer observation she discovered he was still alive.

His mother fainted upon hearing the good news.

With the doctor's assistance, both al-Nubi and his mother were awakened and soon were celebrating with guests (MSNBC, 2012)

Title: 'Dead' Brazilian Boy 'Sits Up In Coffin At His Own Funeral And Asks For Water Before Lying Back Down Lifeless'
Date: June 6, 2012
Daily Mail

Abstract: A two-year-old boy sat up in his coffin and asked for water before laying back down again lifeless, according to a Brazilian news website. 

In a case that seems almost too incredible to be true, ORM claimed that Kelvin Santos stopped breathing during treatment for pneumonia at a hospital in Belem, northern Brazil.

He was declared dead at 7.40pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag.

The child's devastated family took him home where grieving relatives held a wake throughout the night, with the boy's body laid in an open coffin.

But an hour before his funeral was due to take place on Saturday the boy apparently sat up in his coffin and said: 'Daddy, can I have some water?'.

The boy's father, Antonio Santos, said: 'Everybody started to scream, we couldn't believe our eyes. Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life.

Then Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was. We couldn't wake him. He was dead again.

Mr Santos rushed his son back to the Aberlardo Santos hospital in Belem,where the doctors reexamined the boy and confirmed that he had no signs of life.

He said: 'They assured me that he really was dead and gave me no explanation for what we had just seen and heard.'

The boy's family decided to delay the funeral for an hour in the hope that he would wake up again, but ended up burying him at 5pm that day in a local cemetery.

Convinced that his son was victim of medical malpractice, Mr Santos has now registered a complaint with the police who have launched an investigation

He said: 'Fifteen minutes after rushing him away for resuscitation, they came and told me he was dead and handed me his body. Perhaps they didn't examine him properly. Dead people don't just wake up and talk. I'm determined to find out the truth.'

The local state department today confirmed the boy had been admitted to hospital in a critical condition and was declared dead after suffering cardiac-respiratory failure (Daily Mail, 2012)