FALKIRK WHEEL FACTS : ALLOY WHEELS STOCKPORT.
Falkirk Wheel Facts
- The Falkirk Wheel is a rotating boat lift located in Scotland, UK, connecting the Forth and Clyde Canal with the Union Canal, opened in 2002. It is named after the nearby town of Falkirk which is in central Scotland.
- (fact) an event known to have happened or something known to have existed; "your fears have no basis in fact"; "how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell"
- A thing that is indisputably the case
- (fact) a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred; "first you must collect all the facts of the case"
- (fact) a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; "he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts"
- Used in discussing the significance of something that is the case
- A piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article
falkirk wheel facts - Buildings And
Buildings And Structures Illustrated On Sterling Banknotes, including: Balmoral Castle, University Of Glasgow, Edinburgh Castle, Worcester Cathedral, ... Belfast, Falkirk Wheel, Laxey Wheel
Hephaestus Books represents a new publishing paradigm, allowing disparate content sources to be curated into cohesive, relevant, and informative books. To date, this content has been curated from Wikipedia articles and images under Creative Commons licensing, although as Hephaestus Books continues to increase in scope and dimension, more licensed and public domain content is being added. We believe books such as this represent a new and exciting lexicon in the sharing of human knowledge. This particular book is a collaboration focused on Buildings and structures illustrated on sterling banknotes.
The Falkirk Wheel
The Falkirk Wheel is unique in that it is the only “Rotating Boat Lift” in the UK. It serves as a simple and spectacular way by which to move from the Union Canal to the Forth and Clyde Canal, a drop of some 24 metres or 79 feet, in one step as opposed to the flight of 11 locks which it replaced. At a cost of ?17.5 million, the wheel was an integral part of a much larger canal restoration scheme costing ?84 million, some ?34 million of which came from the National Lottery (one they got right?). Since it opened in 2002, it has become one of the most visited sites in Scotland (in spite of the fact that it is almost entirely unsignposted! I know. We spent a good hour driving round in circles, trying to find it!)
The Falkirk Wheel
The Falkirk Wheel is a rotating boatlift that connects the Union Canal and the Forth and Clyde Canal. What makes this an even greater engineering achievement, is the fact that the two canals have a twenty-four meter level difference. The Falkirk Wheel is truly a structure to marvel at, as it is extremely intimidating in size, yet delicately arranged to work with synchronized perfection. Thanks for your time Rgds - Sarah
falkirk wheel facts
WallMonkeys wall graphics are printed on the highest quality re-positionable, self-adhesive fabric paper. Each order is printed in-house and on-demand. WallMonkeys uses premium materials & state-of-the-art production technologies. Our white fabric material is superior to vinyl decals. You can literally see and feel the difference. Our wall graphics apply in minutes and won't damage your paint or leave any mess. PLEASE double check the size of the image you are ordering prior to clicking the 'ADD TO CART' button. Our graphics are offered in a variety of sizes and prices.
WallMonkeys are intended for indoor use only.
Printed on-demand in the United States Your order will ship within 3 business days, often sooner. Some orders require the full 3 days to allow dark colors and inks to fully dry prior to shipping. Quality is worth waiting an extra day for!
Removable and will not leave a mark on your walls.
'Fotolia' trademark will be removed when printed.
Our catalog of over 10 million images is perfect for virtually any use: school projects, trade shows, teachers classrooms, colleges, nurseries, college dorms, event planners, and corporations of all size.