Here, you will find the accounts of bicycle rides into the hills of Himachal Pradesh from Mohali, Punjab down in the plains. Nothing very adventurous, but there are some pictures and I hope you like it. Click on the links below to read.
1. KINNAUR BICYCLE TOUR: A tour from Mohali in Punjab state to Kalpa, Sangla and Chitkul in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh and back (October - November, 2003).
2. FOUR VALLEYS AND TWO PASSES: A tour from Reckong Peo to Kullu through Kinnaur, Spiti and Lahaul (August - September, 2007).
3. OFF THE TOURIST TRAIL: A tour from Pathankot to Manali through Chamba, over the Sach Pass into the Pangi and Pattan Valleys and through Lahaul. (September - October, 2011).
These long tours are few and far between. Now and then, I also go on shorter rides, over the weekend or sometimes a bit longer. Here are a few.
1. TO CHAIL AND BACK VIA SHIMLA: Chail is a nice place on pine-covered slopes, around 120 kilometers from Mohali - a perfect destination for a weekend ride (February, 2009).
2. TO CHAIL AGAIN, THIS TIME WITH A SHORT SIDETRIP:Another ride to Chail, but this time on a road bike and including a climb to Kali-ka-Tibba (November, 2009).
3. TO NARKANDA VIA CHAIL AND A CLIMB UP HATU PEAK: A ride to Narkanda via Chail and a climb up the Hatu Peak (3200m) (October, 2010)
4. NEEL GOES TO MUSSOORIE: A trip to Mussoorie with Neel, the road bike. Not a Himachal trip, but I did spend one night in Himachal Pradesh, so I think it qualifies! (April, 2014)
If you want to know more about any of the above rides, you can contact me.